Oral sex and odours

anon_a_mouse

Unpleasant odors has to do with diet, hydration and also just body chemistry.

As for how to bring it up... I wouldn't (maybe someone has a suggestion on how to bring it up ) It MAAAY be a deal breaker for me if its really bad down there

I think this depends on the odor and if its male or female.

Also time of day plays into factors, hyigene and diet -- hyigene probably being the biggest.

Theres always going to be some kind of smell, if its foul though, I'd say something (I have) - nothing breaks the mood like something smelling nasty.

There's always going to be a smell on either sex, I guess it depends on how bad the smell is...but I wouldn't say anything personally...I mean if it's a constant thing and it smells so bad that I can't continue what I'm doing down there, then I guess I'd either have to say something or break it off...but yeah, I mean, unless it's so foul you can't deal, then just deal with it...put some pineapple in the fridge as a snack lol

Speaking as a woman, I would want to know if I was harboring offensive smells in that region. There's always a way to finesse a situation; try googling "telling your partner about odor". Or YouTube it, could be entertaining as well as informative. Also do a search on Dan Savage's sex advice column website " Savage Love", also a good resource.

Is this a female or a male were talking about?

If he's a male and has offensive odor, it most likely is simply hygiene related. A shower or two a day will fix that.

If it's a female it could be a whole slew of problems causing odor. Could simply be hygiene. Or it could be a yeast infection, UTI's, birth control issues, diet related (to much junk food and sugary drinks can REALLY affect the smell and taste) ect ect!

Also, is this a new sexual relationship? Sometimes new bacteria introduced from the guy will result in a minor bacterial infection which can create a fishy odor in the woman. It is usually short-lived (5 days?) and goes away on its own.

^^ Yup! I always have this issue when I have a new sexual partner. I've learned to expect it.

Is this a female or a male were talking about?

If he's a male and has offensive odor, it most likely is simply hygiene related. A shower or two a day will fix that.

If it's a female it could be a whole slew of problems causing odor. Could simply be hygiene. Or it could be a yeast infection, UTI's, birth control issues, diet related (to much junk food and sugary drinks can REALLY affect the smell and taste) ect ect!

We're talking female here. I will see if it's a regular thing. I'm not sure, as a guy, I'm too fresh smelling myself but I'm sure a quick wash before or a wet wipe would solve that issue!

The best advice I can give you is both partners agreeing to go "freshen up" before oral.

I think it also relieves anxiety if you know you are Orgasm Ready down there... it can be a part of your self-love ritual if needed lol

Yes, diet and body chemistry as well... If either partners eat like crap, their spunk will taste...spunky.

Eating lots of fruits and veggies has the opposite effect. Eating pineapple does indeed make it sweet.

Also, is this a new sexual relationship? Sometimes new bacteria introduced from the guy will result in a minor bacterial infection which can create a fishy odor in the woman. It is usually short-lived (5 days?) and goes away on its own.

This is so interesting. I started a new sexual relationship a couple of months ago and I noticed that I had a strong odor which lasted only a couple of days but I had never had it before. I also haven't had it since so that makes sense.

Pubic hair can trap a lot of odor. It's best to have a nice trim down there.

Like most men I love the sweet scent of a woman and part of the evolutionary function of pubic hair is to trap it.

I also just find a womans bush very sexy! So did everyone for thousands of years it seems until the early 90s. Although I think it's making a little comeback. Here's hoping.

It depends how strong of an odour we're talking about.

If you both come fresh out of the shower, it should be pretty odourless.

But if you've been sitting at work all day, or just went for a walk, or just ran around playing with your dog, etc - it's going to smell, for both genders.

Smells are a part of any sex act, that's something you need to get used to. It's hard for us to know if it's a normal smell or an odd smell though, since we can't smell it.

It depends how strong of an odour we're talking about.

If you both come fresh out of the shower, it should be pretty odourless.

But if you've been sitting at work all day, or just went for a walk, or just ran around playing with your dog, etc - it's going to smell, for both genders.

Smells are a part of any sex act, that's something you need to get used to. It's hard for us to know if it's a normal smell or an odd smell though, since we can't smell it.

Having thought about this more; I think the odour isn't a major odour -more like a mixture of some sweat & a little bit of urine discharge left over - I'm sure I have the same mixture myself when my partner is performing oral sex on me.

I wonder if this is common then? Sounds like showering first is one way around.

Shower before sex - cuddle after. Easy)

I talked with my BF about our smells. He smells like mushrooms (when he cums), I have no idea whats my smell, still he said it is a pleasant smell that turns him on.

Bad odor can be a big turn off when it comes to oral, especially because you use your mouth to perform it. Lubes with different tastes can help, good diet, getting rid of bad habits like smoking and HYGIENE.

Having thought about this more; I think the odour isn't a major odour -more like a mixture of some sweat & a little bit of urine discharge left over - I'm sure I have the same mixture myself when my partner is performing oral sex on me.

I wonder if this is common then? Sounds like showering first is one way around.

That sounds pretty normal to me. Usually, if someone has a smell that they shouldn't have down there, you're going to know RIGHT away.

Shower before sex - cuddle after. Easy)

I talked with my BF about our smells. He smells like mushrooms (when he cums), I have no idea whats my smell, still he said it is a pleasant smell that turns him on.

Bad odor can be a big turn off when it comes to oral, especially because you use your mouth to perform it. Lubes with different tastes can help, good diet, getting rid of bad habits like smoking and HYGIENE.

Showers yes; but I guess that can take away from the spontaneity - I guess then there's lubes as you say - or maybe even a wetwipe would do the trick!

I've never experienced anything smelly... And next time oral comes up, just say "No, your junk smells." that's how I'd do it. You've got to be more open with your partner.

I guess you're kinda joking - "No your junk smells" is a bit harsh/cold imo. I'm pretty sure I am roughly the same taste/smell so it's something that could be addressed by both of us.

Archived