Wrote a letter to my crush... not sure if we should continue talking.

paradoxical

I wrote a 2 page letter to my crush... about how I enjoyed those times we spent together and thanking him for everything because he's an amazing person.

We used to go out often like at least once every week to study together, watched movies & to eat, and also skyped + gamed together online. But I guess it all kinda stopped when I said, 'why do people assume being close friends = dating? since when were we dating?'. we didn't talk for more than one month.

It was kind of to get closure, because i didn't expect him to have anything to reply me anyway and i mentioned it was okay not to reply.

Asked my friend to give it to him and he said, 'she definitely likes me'. My friend just said that she doesn't know, even though she knows I do hahaha.

After he read it, he tweeted "I really want to talk to you but i'm that shy" and favorited one of my tweets saying "15 seconds of courage".

I WAS VERY SCARED, but i asked him, "who are you shy to talk to? it only takes 15 seconds of courage". He replied, 'it was you'.

And IDK where to go from here. I'm really shy & nervous too when it comes to him, I avoid him whenever I see him in school hahaha because it feels like i could be having an asthma attack.

since he's that shy, am i supposed to be the one initiating? it gets tiring because the last time i asked him to hang out (apparently when he was having 'issues'), he just said 'maybe, i don't want to give false hope'. I don't know if he even likes me for sure he never stated it explicitly! all he said that he was sorry for not talking to me & said he was having issues then (idk what they are though he doesn't want to tell me).

or should i just date someone else who has a clear interest in me? yet, i don't feel nervous around him...

I think since he said he didn't want to give you "false hope" he's not

interested. He probably was very flattered by your letter because you tell him how great he is...who wouldn't be flattered by that?

Why did you make that comment about "since when we were dating?" That's an odd thing to say to someone you WANT to date.

I would definitely focus your attention on someone who shows more interest and you don't have to feel nervous around.

I think since he said he didn't want to give you "false hope" he's not

interested. He probably was very flattered by your letter because you tell him how great he is...who wouldn't be flattered by that?

Why did you make that comment about "since when we were dating?" That's an odd thing to say to someone you WANT to date.

I would definitely focus your attention on someone who shows more interest and you don't have to feel nervous around.

The guys that want to date me & whom I don't feel nervous around... don't really intrigue me. I guess they are alright if I had to marry someone and require stability, but we don't share the same penchant for adventure or deep perspectives about life... that's what I feel. I don't know. Maybe it's teenage hormones.

Well, because I didn't really want to date him, I wanted to be friends yet when we talked more, it just kinda felt... different. I think he feels different around me too, because he said that we aren't normal close friends, to quote him 'it's just different'. If it's a date, shouldn't it be made clearcut? Example: the guy who liked me, he wanted to ask me out for valentines and he actually said "can I ask you out for a date on valentines" and NOT "can we hangout on valentines". (YET it felt more like a hangout session oops)

Yet the lines between our friendship (between me and my crush) were very blurred, idk he used to tell me things like "I kinda miss you" and "if that other guy tries to pull you away, i'll pull you back". Somehow no other guys will tell me this, unless it's established that we have a bro and sis relationship which... wasn't established.

Archived