ive never gained weight...til now...

Ive never weighed more than 115 or so lbs and for the most part its been down at 105 and its not bc i diet and over exercise i just am this way since middle school and now that im in college i find myself constantly eating (out of boredom and stress i think) and ive noticed that im gaining weight. i know to most pple being able to weigh 115 is hard and they are jealous that i can. but i am starting to feel uncomfortable with myself and knowign that im gaining weight since i never have before. im not used to weighing much over 115...infact in my life ive never weighted over 120. I feel that i should diet or something. i excercise everyday bc im on swim team here at school. i just dont want to go on a diet and pple think that im crazy and anorexic...but tehy wouldnt understand since i have never weighed more than 120...even tho im not ther ei dont know i dont want to get that way. is there anything i should do that would help me become more comfortable with my body again?

well you have to realize that overtime your metabolism is going to slow down. There are two things you can do, you can either increase your amount of activity or you can not eat so much. Cutting back on the amount of food you intake would probably be easier than dieting or increasing ur physical activity.

If you have been thin your whole life, your size becomes part of your identity. So when you lose that, you feel like you are losing part of what you makes you special. Metabolism does slow down over time, and everyone gains a little weight in college. So I wouldn't worry about that.

Concentrate on what you like about yourself: what defines who you are(apart from physical characteristics) Immerse yourself in what makes you happy. As for the weight, I understand. I've been through the same thing, part of the reason I became a nutritionist. When I gained some weight, (from about 110-127) people actually said I looked better, healthier, and a lot of guys said I looked sexier. So don't look at all weight gain as negative, you may look better than you think. Good luck!

They arent really necessary. All you have to do is eat healthy foods instead of any junk food you might be eating. It isnt really a case of cutting back on the amount of food that you are eating its just changing some of what you eat. That doesnt mean to say that you should only eat fruit and veg, you just have to eat any junk food in moderation.

With the amount of training that in sure you do for the swimming it probably wont be that obvious to others that you are actually putting on weight and, as said above, it could even make you look healthier and sexier!

What i suggest it going to the grocery store and asking the grocer what some of the "less common" fruits are that they stock. Watermelon, kiwi, different coloured grapes etc. all taste great! Take a look at the following site, find a few things you like the look of and then look out for them at the store:

link removed

You dont just have to go for foods that are low in fat and taste like cardboard, all you have to do is make sure that any fatty or sugary foods are eaten in moderation. If you think that some of the food you buy does taste plain then you can put something on it (a small amount of sugar, honey or jam is usually nice).

I hope you find something you like!

Wow, my 1000th post, party at my place!

i'm in the situation as you are before. My weight is 118lbs and it never increase. Then i changed my eating routine. Before i only eat 3-4 times a day and now i eat 6 times a day. You have to eat every 3 hrs. It doesn't have to be heavy foods. At least there something in your mouth every 3 hrs. Now i weight 129lbs just for 2 months. I hope this will help you.