Social websites stalking?

So this just happened and it gave me a rush of emotions that I was not expecting and I would like advice on this.

There is a forum that I am a part of, some what similar to this one. I know that my ex is also a member of that forum but I do not know her username or any other detail. I am very good when it comes to not stalking exes on social sites. I have never tried doing it through facebook, twitter or any site for that matter. I stay away and keep it that way.

I have never even tried to find her on the forum that I mentioned. Mostly because I don't want to see any of her posts on any site. I was just reading through someone's posts and the username of someone who replied struck me as somewhat familiar. Out of curiosity I clicked to see that person's past posts. After just reading one I immediately stopped.

The reason I stopped because I got a feeling that it may be her. Now I am just itching to now but at the same time I am hoping to forget that I even came accross the post. But since it has already happened I cannot get it out of my mind. I suddenly feel anxious and nervous.

I shouldn't go through the posts to confirm my suspicion or should I?

Confirm your suspicion to what end? Are you going to confront her?

I'd just block her, if at all possible, or switch your account to another user name and close the one you were using.

I agree with this.... It's a slippery slope... You aren't sure it's her and even if it, she thinks she's posting anonymously..... I would stop using that site. You just never know what you will uncover and it could hurt you more.... Unless you confronted her, you'd never know for sure.... I think it's just too risky.

Hmmmm... The odds of it being her are slim. And it's for this reason, I never tell anyone about my posting on this site. What's the chances of the ex you are posting about being a poster here, too..... Email the admins and ask to change your username. Never mention this to anyone, block her on this site and just keep telling yourself there's no way.

I know that might sound weird but listen, to think anything else or to try to prove who she is, is frankly nuts.

Hi there

This is such an awkward situation! I realise how attached and helpful forums like these can be, and the thought of maybe giving one up to avoid an ex you know is on would be very difficult if I were in your situation!

I could imagine curiosity getting the best of you but, maybe you shouldn't. Unless she divulges something really obvious in a post that lets you know yes, it 100% has to be her, you're never going to fully know, so it's just gonna eat you up wondering about it!

My advice, like others, would be to leave this - maybe thats for the best!

- Lolita

Just wander over to link removed.

Not a bad idea, I'll check it out. Thanks

Hi there

This is such an awkward situation! I realise how attached and helpful forums like these can be, and the thought of maybe giving one up to avoid an ex you know is on would be very difficult if I were in your situation!

I could imagine curiosity getting the best of you but, maybe you shouldn't. Unless she divulges something really obvious in a post that lets you know yes, it 100% has to be her, you're never going to fully know, so it's just gonna eat you up wondering about it!

My advice, like others, would be to leave this - maybe thats for the best!

- Lolita

Yeah it def is pretty awkward. I think everybody including you is right to just let it be. I am going to try to not even bother thinking about it because as you said it will eat me up. Thanks

Archived