going to a dance, any advice?

surething

I've been seeing this girl for a couple of weeks now, and she asked me to her school dance tomorrow. I don't have an urgent need for advice on something specific here, i'm just a bit nervous so this is kind of a lame post! I haven't been to a lot of dances, just a couple without a real date, so i'm not really sure how it will go. Its not my school so i won't know anyone else there. And I don't really dance, but i will slow dance with her. I've told her that and she's fine with it. I hope thats not going to be a problem though. This would be the first time we're actually "going out" somewhere together. I'm meeting her parents, so thats another thing i have to worry about because they are protective and unusual. Should i bring her flowers? Is there anything else i should keep in mind?

We haven't kissed yet, but i'm assuming we will then. Would it be best to kiss her at the end of the night, or during the dance? And do people generally go out somewhere after the dance? Thanks for any replies, i guess thats a lot of questions.

Yo surething,

I'm guessing you're maybe in high school? Hmm...that was a blur in my life, but I'll give it my best shot.

It's just going to be you and you won't know anyone. You will be left out, because a lot of the music isn't going to be slow. That means you HAVE to dance. You don't want to be looked upon as lame. We all hate dancing, but we have to do it. Otherwise, some smooth-talking hustler with moves like Usher is going to snatch her up while you're standing on the side, waiting for K-Ci and Jo Jo to come on.

Show her that you're confident with yourself and dance with her. Start off by giving her some space when you dance. Don't go for the bump and grind right off the start. She'll introduce you to some friends, that will be cool. Since this is the first time the two of you are going out, I would just act laid-back and confident.

Um, don't bring flowers. See how the dance goes and then decide whether a kiss is in order. Don't worry about the parents, just act genuine and look the Dad in the eye. And smile too.

Good luck. Let yourself go and have some fun.

Nicholas