Blocked on fb and unblocked later to be blocked again.

Hi everybody, I'm here more to ask for your opinion on just that. When I broke up with my ex I unfriended her as a coping mechanism and after she left to her home country she blocked me, probably as a retaliation to my unfriending or whatever else. That was earlier Jan this year. I'm not so affected by the event anymore as I have had better things to work on and or worry about. But some time you just can"t help but to miss the memory and or worst come to worst the person. But irregardless, because of missing the person/memory and the curiosity I would check in thhe fb searchbar for her. And some time I would find her, which means she must have thought of me to have gone through all the process to unblock me and check me out. But then she would block me again after i send her a friend request.

So my question is, what does that mean? What does she want from this and should I pay little attention to this and just be glad that at least she give two cents still about checking me out. Or is that just a girl thing? And should I also give up on sending her friend request in the future? As this isn't the first time already.

Thanks everyone

It doesn't mean anything.

She unblocked you, maybe out of curiosity, as you did. But when you sent a friends request, she realized she wanted nothing to do with you and put the block back on. And since this isn't the first time --- you should make it the last time.

It isn't a girl thing. If you are happy with 2 cents worth of attraction, great. But I wouldn't expect it to happen again.

It doesn't mean anything.

She unblocked you, maybe out of curiosity, as you did. But when you sent a friends request, she realized she wanted nothing to do with you and put the block back on. And since this isn't the first time --- you should make it the last time.

It isn't a girl thing. If you are happy with 2 cents worth of attraction, great. But I wouldn't expect it to happen again.

This is pretty much the answer that sums up everything.

You broke up with her, she lives in another country and has blocked you.

Why send a friend request? Maybe she needs to get on with her life too. This doesn't mean anything other than checking up on the past instead of taking care of the here and now.

Block her, delete her and leave it all behind.

Lost

Why send a friend request? Maybe she needs to get on with her life too. This doesn't mean anything other than checking up on the past instead of taking care of the here and now.

Lost

^^^ This. Please reread your post a dozen times and ask yourself if you want to be that guy. Why channel all that anxiety over someone who is not even in your zip code anymore? Stop wasting energy and time on this person. Move forward in confidence.

It means that much like you she was unblocking just to check up on you since people who block you also can't see your FB page. But that doesn't mean she wanted to actually have any contact with or from you hence the blocking when you sent her a friend request. Bottom line, she may want to snoop but that doesn't mean she wants contact or to be friends. Move on and stop looking at her FB page or trying to be friends with someone who clearly has no interest along that line. It's either that or it gives her an ego boost to unblock you then wait until you take the bait and then reject you all over again.

Neither of those scenarios add up to someone who should be in your life, sorry.

Well actually she broke up with me, but that doesn't matter because we are broken off regardless. I thank all of you for your valid points and I'm quite glad I had asked my question here. I have to agree with Paris there, it seems like it is about attention and getting that rush of ego boost.

I guess I sent the friend request because I wanted to see if the unblocking had any meaning behind it. But I guess I was over curious, too much reminiscing of what I couldn't change. You know, like what Nietzsche had said, "It is in human nature to be irrational."

Well she wasn't so nice in the end, so why bother with the ex, while I could focus on the better next.

Ex are exes for a reason. Right right right?

Thanks guys, it's nice to get slapped by the truth than kissed by the lie. (The untruth we try to tell ourselves) well actually is more of jumping out of my own loop and my narrow perspective.

My reminiscing gone out of hand

Lost

Quoted for truth.

Archived