Will I ever get that chance?

tulipsfav

As the title says "will I ever get the chance"! all I want is for someone to love me, yes my family love me but It would be great if a man would fall head over heels in love with me.

All my friends are married with children, don't get me wrong I am not jealous of them but I get so sad knowing that I may never meet the man of my dreams. My self esteem has hit an all time low, I have such a feeling of emptiness, unworthy.

I would love to have children but at this rate this will not happen.

As the title says "will I ever get the chance"! all I want is for someone to love me, yes my family love me but It would be great if a man would fall head over heels in love with me.

All my friends are married with children, don't get me wrong I am not jealous of them but I get so sad knowing that I may never meet the man of my dreams. My self esteem has hit an all time low, I have such a feeling of emptiness, unworthy.

I would love to have children but at this rate this will not happen.

If you read other threads, you will find that you are not alone in this regard. Many are going through the same worries. The need to be loved is common in all of us.

But part of being in love, is genuinely loving someone else. Life is not a fairy tale, or chick flick. None of us are entitled to love; it has to be earned.

Have you ever opened your heart and genuinely loved or cared about a guy? What was it about him that you loved? If his life went downhill, would you still love him? If so, and he did not reciprocate, Im sorry to hear that.

On the other hand, if you havent genuinely loved or cared about a guy maybe it is time to look in the mirror? Is it possible you just want to be showered with attention by a desirable man to validate your sense of self worth? If so, that is not love, or even romance. This self absorbed mindset does not serve as a foundation for a healthy relationship. Would you genuinely care about someone that expected you to sweep them off their feet and shower them with attention?

We all want to receive love, but giving it is the hard part.

I have opened my heart to men to get it thrown back in my face, I trusted them, and 2 of the men I fell in love with( 3 me). I don't expect to be showered with gifts and have that fairy tale romance, it seems nowadays to earn a relationship you have to sleep with them on the first date and I am not that type of girl. As for earning love I thought I had earned it, but to be cheated on and lied to does not sit well with me.

I'm am very open and honest, yes I want a man to respect me, love me for who I am, so as for giving love, I can tick that box. Money, material things do not matter to me in a relationship. I value walks in the park, walks along the beach much more valuable that being showered with gifts.

I really hope that I have not came accross as self absorbed in this thread as I am far from self absorbed.

Im sorry to hear about about your past relationship experiences. The OP didnt have a lot of details, so I wasnt sure what youre background was. I wanted to leave a response that was open ended based on your experience.

It sounds like youve had good relationships that went bad. I know that can be discouraging, but maybe you can use those as learning experiences to keep the same thing from happening again? In general, there are decent guys out there that treat others well. But they may be harder to find. As far as sleeping on the first date, the guys looking and pushing for that are not relationship material. So as you probably know, you are better off without them.

im not sure if i have posted this in the right thread

I have constant feelings of sadness and i dont know what to do. I am currently on anxiety medication. I do try to stay positive but its so hard. I cannot shake this feeling that is trailing me down x

My doctor has not suggested counselling or cognitive behaviour therapy though i do think i need this, my medication is not working, my work has been very stressfull though my saddness has been with me for a long long time.

You said this in past threads. I think the key here is to focus on healing your sadness internally. I find having real self-love and happiness helps us attract others and maintain healthy relationships.

Hi ms Darcy, I do have internal sadness that has led to depression and anxiety and this has mostly stemmed from the breakup with my first boyfriend and being bullied in school as a teenager. Should I ask my doctor for counselling? This has never been mentioned to me.

I think counselling is a great thing. I have done it in the past and actually should go back again soon. I would suggest you do try it as well.

Archived