I want to catch up with my ex?

kwt

My ex boyfriend broke up with me 2 months ago. After one month of no-contact, I texted him just to ask for my stuff back. He suggested getting a drink together and we did. He's pretty excited to see me, we had a good time catching up, I realized I don't want to date him again. Before parting, he said it was good to see me and we should catch up again sometime. And we started talking again.

A few days later, I ran into him at a bar when I was hanging out with my friend. He's also pretty excited to see me and invited us to join him. We just talked a bit, and once he turned away, my friend who really hates him, insisted me to leave and dragged me out of the bar immediately and I basically disappeared without saying goodbye. He later texted me "you disappeared" and I just said "my friend wanted to leave. Did yell goodbye, didnt mean to be rude." He's like "haha enjoy the night". We caught up a bit through texts the next day, we were friendly to each other. We sometimes texted, but there's not much catching up. Just a few times I asked him for some advice, which he replied quite enthusiastically, and a few days later, he asked me how it went. Also he wished me happy mid-autumn festival, though I didnt think he will care abt that, I wish him a happy one back. One time, he asked me about where did I get the stuff I used to buy him. Our conversations have been pretty short (around 5-6 replies). We both didnt try to drag on the conversation.

Next saturday is my birthday, I am having a b-day party. He knows a few of my friends, but since I want to catch up with him, I am wondering if inviting him over for some drinks would be a good idea. Or ask him if he want to meet up for a drink or coffee that weekend (since some friends are fine with me talking to him again, but some are not and I dun need them giving me a hard time on my b-day lol).

I dont know if it would be awkward for me ask him to catch up, either inviting him over to the party or suggest getting coffee sometimes. I don't want him to get the wrong idea of me trying to get us dating again.

If you could happily sit at a table with him and his new girlfriend, then you're ready to be friends and meet up with him just like any of your other friends.

Only YOU know the comfort level there and if you've truly moved on or not. It seems soon to me, but only you know the truth.

Would you only feel happiness for him if he told you he was seeing someone else? That's the true test of whether what you have is a friendship or if you're hoping for something more imo.

Edit: I do wonder why you've posted this in the "getting back together" section if all you are now is friends, though....

You guys must have awfully full lives to have so much "catching up" to do.

I think you are kidding yourself that you "don't want to date him again". If you don't want to get the wrong idea, stop being in constant contact with him.

You were the first to break into contact after the break up, and you seem to be initiating most of the recent ones as well as "asking for advice".

Stop texting.

You guys must have awfully full lives to have so much "catching up" to do.

I think you are kidding yourself that you "don't want to date him again". If you don't want to get the wrong idea, stop being in constant contact with him.

You were the first to break into contact after the break up, and you seem to be initiating most of the recent ones as well as "asking for advice".

Stop texting.

Originally I didnt plan to catch up with him. I just contacted him first since I wanted my stuff at his place back and I was expecting to meeting up just for collecting my stuff. I guess I then feel comfortable to start talking to him again.

Actually the recent few times was from him lol. The only times I initiated was just the first week after we started talking again.

I don't think I love him anymore, and I really don't see us dating again, I know we are much better off just being friends. Just that I still kinda care about him? Like one month before the break-up, he got laid off and has been looking for a job since then. Actually he's been looking for a new job months before he got laid off when we were still dating, so I feel like I wanna know how it's going. Haha I know it sounds weird

Archived