Taking a break - will he ever come back to me?

my bf and i broke up last week. he asked for time apart with no contact, saying it will be good for us and that there is a very good chance we will get back together again. in the past, we shared our email passwords with each other and this morning i checked his email but he changed it. does this imply or indicate anything? has he changed his mind?

Hard to say,To me it reflects what he told you why he was breaking up with you, By changing his E-mail he is just Keeping you from contacting him.

He kept it real with you by saying that he needed space. (no contact / Time apart)

So changing his E-mail really wound't come to much of a surprise if i were in your shoes.

to be honest i think all of this on a break crap is so stupid...if somebody has strong feelings for u and u have feelings for them then why not try and make it work...if it doesnt then u know u tried...its not nice for the person waiting (as i am...) as they dont no if the person will want them back or if they are just gonna be left alone...so sweetsparkle there is no sure way to say whether he will come bak or not...u can be like me and have hope (dunno if its false hope mind u) or u can just choose to move on...its ur choice

Just out of curiosity (I've never done this sorta thing -- when I told my boyfriend I wanted no contact it was because we broke up for real..i.e. no chance of getting back together.) But what do you do if you're on NC like this? Does it mean you can date other people? I sorta see the value in it if you want a break from the relationship to "figure things out" generally, if you feel things are moving too fast for ex. (which, thinking back on my last relationship I thought was true..he told me he loved me after dating for like one month..got sorta scary..) so perhaps it's good in some ways. But do people do this for that reason usually, or because they want a chance to date other people although they still have strong feelings for you? I guess it depends on the situation. If the latter case is true I think it's sorta rude though. If you want to date other people let the person know up front, don't keep him/her waiting..

If I were in your shoes, I'd give him the hand and let it be. If he wants his space, then tell him that he can have it forever. I agree with the person who thinks that his excuse is crap. Keep it moving girl! Once your ex see's that you moved on without him, he'll probably call you back. Seems like a lot of ex's do that, once they know that their other ex's have moved on.

If he can't see your worth now, then it's his LOSS. Be like, "C-ya!!" Look at his actions, and ask yourself if this man is worth it. Put yourself in his shoes. If you were to tell someone the same thing that he told you, then what do you think's going on inside his head? Obviously he's not looking out for your relationship's best interest.

Girl, you deserve better! Enjoy life. Forget about him. If he truly wants to work things out, then let him be the one to come back. Let him prove to you that he deserves to be your boyfriend. Let him show you his efforts. He already broke your heart. So he better make damn sure that he shows you that you are worth it! Otherwise, pack your bags and leave. No one deserves to be with someone who treats them like they're mediocre. No one.

hey guys,

i am new here and i don't know what everyone means by NC,, pls let me know....and the taking a break thing,, from experience when they do that, it's b/c they are really confused. And i don't believe in taking breaks. ANywa, i have a long story, Just to make it short, 3 yrs ago, my ex asked for a break, i went crazy when i heard it i told him that i know that he is gonna find someoneelse , he said he won't and then he did, he left me. Broke off all contacts. It took me 2 yrs to accept that he's gone for good. I made myself move on just 1 yr ago. And now last week, out of no where my ex came online, he told me he missed me, he still loves me and wants a 2nd chance, i told him my situation but i really miss him. ANyway, he blocked and deleted me after that night, and he never replied back to my e-mails or calls. But i do miss him though and i still do love him but i love the person that i am with now too. Well as you can see i am still shocked that it happened and really really confused....anyway guys...if you could give me some advise, i'll really appreciate it.

why after 3 yrs?? i feel sad

NC means No Contact. It's a period in which you abstain from contact with the ex. IE: No phone calls, emails, Ims, texts, visits. The benefits are endless, both in regards to moving on OR, if you're trying, in getting the ex back. It allows you to sit back, get your life back and reflect. It's strongly advocated by most of the people on these boards.

Hope that helped.