im dating this guy but it isn't going anywhere~need advice

hey...

well here are the details...im dating this guy named jason when i first started talking w/ him i thought he was perfect...but then i learned more about him via his friends...his friends told me that he goes out and parties and gets drunk almost every weekend...and hes not a virgin witch i dont agree w/ and on top of that he is shy and i hate it when guys are shy cuz im am totally opposite and then you have silent moments which we have all the time...i mean i need a guy who will hold my hand in the hall way and will put his arm around me and someone i can come up and kiss in the hallways and he wont care whose watching and i can't do that he has told me that he doesn't like to kiss in public and i dont mind but still...but you would think then just go and break up w/ him but its not that easy...he is a senoir and every body knows him and is friends w/ him and i kno all of his guys friends and were friends were friends w/ them before me and jason knew each even knew each other (thats how we met through his friends) and im afraid if i break his heart that everyone will hate me cuz his friends tell me all the time that he talks about me all the time and that it seems like he is in love with me and i feel like i dont have the balls to break up w/ him and i geuss im stuck between a rock and a hard place so this is where yawl come in please give me so advice about my situation thanks in advance

~shortstop543

Talk to him and tell him how you feel. If you don't think that he's the guy for you then you shouldn't stay with him because you feel obligated to. What other people think isn't important, what matters is how the two of you feel. If you think breaking up is best, then you should do it. Talk to him first, maybe you two can reach some kind of compromise like he doesn't party as much and you learn to accept the shy, quite moments. But don't feel like either one of you is obligated to stay in a relationship that isn't working out.