I hope this description isn't too gross...

MattW

So for the last three or so days, I've had sort of a stomachache. It's only really been a slight discomfort, but now that I'm going on three days with it, I'm starting to become a little more concerned.

Basically, it feels like I'm constipated, but I'm not. My, er, bowl movements have been normal, and I'm not actually having trouble getting anything out. But I just have this constant pain/ discomfort regardless.

Any potential insight on what's up? I'm hoping it's nothing, and I'd really rather not go to a doctor if it's nothing to really worry about, but I just have the tendency to jump to the worst possible conclusions that I may have some kind of horrible disease or something. @_@

So for the last three or so days, I've had sort of a stomachache. It's only really been a slight discomfort, but now that I'm going on three days with it, I'm starting to become a little more concerned.

Basically, it feels like I'm constipated, but I'm not. My, er, bowl movements have been normal, and I'm not actually having trouble getting anything out. But I just have this constant pain/ discomfort regardless.

Any potential insight on what's up? I'm hoping it's nothing, and I'd really rather not go to a doctor if it's nothing to really worry about, but I just have the tendency to jump to the worst possible conclusions that I may have some kind of horrible disease or something. @_@

You may get a lot of advice on here as to what is going on, however, I STRONGLY recommend that you go to a doctor. If what you describe isn't simple constipation, then, it is very important that you see a doctor immediately. Going on three days like this is an indicator that your body isn't going to just handle it by itself.

As far a worrying about something horrible, well, if you DON'T go to the doctor, the worry MAY be valid. You cannot self diagnose nor can you go on a forum like this and expect to get valid medical advice.

PLEASE go to the doctor immediately. You have waited long enough. If the pain is still persisting, go to the doctor.

I would also go see a doctor but I would try the following at home as well -drink at least 12 glasses of plain water today over the whole day (try not to do more than 1-2 glasses per hour or so) . I would try real ginger tea if you can find it -steep it long enough - and I would avoid any drinks with caffeine, sugar or alcohol to avoid dehydrating/combating the good effects of the water. Also as much as you can try to move around, get brisk walking in, etc.

Archived