If a guy really likes a girl, will he always go after her?

pip

Hey scout, you can call me a poser and think what you want of me but it's not like I went in her face and said don't try so hard that would have been rude, but I took an oportune moment when we were genuinly talking about her and boys and I was giving her some advice and I inclusded the fact that she should not try so hard. And in fact her reply was that I was right and actually talked to me later about someone new she liked that asked her out and she tried to play hard to get with him. So reguardless of what you think I do hope I helped her and she appreciated it, and at the same time I never let her down by letting her think I caught on the the fact that she wanted me to ask her out. In fact she came back later telling me that I hadn't caught on. So perhaps before you go making assumptions you should inquire further.

[EDIT]

I reread my post and I can see where you got the negative connotation Scout. I apologise, it was a little annoying to me what she did, however that is no reason for me to disrespect her and I am sorry if I made it seem as if I did. I try to be as nice as I can in all situations.{end edit}

And ForAnother, your way of doing things seems great but consider that not everyone is in your situation. For example some people have a really close group of friends that they constantly go out with and don't meet a lot of new girls. Some people go to single sex schools. Some people may not work with someone of the opposite sex that they like. There are several situations that would not make it as easy to find yourself with the luxury of just letting things pass by and not worrying about it at least a little because it may be a while before the chance presents itself again. I think it is always prudent that if you care for something, you put at least a little bit of worry into it.

To answer the original question, there are plenty of women that I have liked but not pusued because they showed no interest in me. When women are talking about wanting to be chased, or wanting men to make a certain level of effort with them, they should never forget that it works both ways. Why do you expect it all to be one way? Why do you expect men to chase you and ask you out? Where is your effort in all of this? Where is the demonstration of your affection that shows him your worth pursuing? You're not a prize: a thing to be sought after and won. You are a person, and he is a person, and the effort must be equal else it is a game you play. If you show interest in him, and I mean you show the interest and you're sure he knows it, and he does nothing, then walk away. If you have an interest in someone, but never tell them, and quietly pine away waiting for him to somehow develop psychic powers and know what you're feeling, then you are acting very stupidly and need to change your ways.

I totally agree with corvidae. WHat is that says the guy always has to be the 'agressor' and do all the chasing. Women, you love it when a guy comes on to you and shows interest right? YOu think guys are any different. Everyone loves to know they are wanted and desired, so maybe if women would be more outgoing with there emotions about guys, guys would be more responsive.

If I thought someone was not interested in ( not knowing) I"d be less likely to peersue if, especially if i thought my odds were not good.