Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Welcome to the US Mainland...ZAP!!!

BritterSweet

I've been pretty absent from this site for a while because I got hired for a nursing job in Montana, and have just moved into my new place! Woo hoo!!

The air here is so dry that I'm always having to rub lotion on my hands and face. And it makes me much more susceptible to static electricity. I'm constantly getting shocked!

Does anyone have any tips on how to reduce static on yourself?

Also Montana is very dry. I used to live in Alberta just above it. The part of Alberta I lived in was semidesert. It was extremely dry. Mind you it was good for my sinuses and good for asthma Now I live where it's intensely humid and it's not that great for me. So here we use DEhumidifiers. But if you want more moisture in your air use a humidifier.

• 3 weeks later...

Look for a product called Static Guard, blue aerosol can, orange cap, usually located in the same aisle as laundry detergent and fabric softener. I use it constantly as a hair product, lol. You just spray it onto whatever has the static cling, like your clothes or your hair and it immediately counteracts the static, it just disappears. You only need a quick spray, you don't need to soak your hair down with it. I'm in the Midwest and I can't live without it in the winter.

Archived