Well, with the demise of my recent ex and my relationship, I have tried all that I can to avoid her. Well, I continually run into her at friends gatherings. I can handle it very well! Even though she asks me not to ignore her and be friendly to her, then tells me she doesn't want to be friends at all. Well, how do I handle that? Ignore her completely. even though it hurts, it works.

But This story is about another ex. Someone whom I almost had a child with. I was working a detail for an air show over the weekend, and the day was going pretty well. All until I glanced over and had seen her. By that time I had noticed that she had already spotted me. In walking by I politely asked how she was doing. In reply she laughed in an insane type of way (a cross between a nervous laugh and something else hateful) and continued on her way. This really made me hurtful inside. I began thinking to myself if I was ever the problem of many of the break-ups, or was there some other reason?

For a while I blamed myself for many things in the past. Why I did the things that I have done for the better of ther relationships. But in that thought I realized that in all of the serious relations I have been in I have always strived to better one thing. Both of our lives, not only in for just the relationship, but for a prosperous future. I found a little peace in that discovery but found another grim problem lurking in the shadows.

I find that many of my peers do not have the desire to push themselves forward in their lives. I find that even though all of us may not have the same interests, they are not willing to compromise their way of life for others, and are set in their cofortable clicks.

I think what I am saying is that I have outgrown many of my peers and It hurts. I don't know, sorry for rambling, just trying to figure a common denominator between relationships and life in general I guess.

But running into my old ex did hurt. It hurt more than running into my previous ex.

There is obviously a lot of back story here and it is obvious that with your ex ex - something happened, you behaved very badly or the relationship went so much in the toilet that all she could do was cackle maniacly and walk away.

Who know, who cares? But it I will say one bit if advice. Learn from your mistakes. Can't change the past and who wants to be buddy buddy with all your exes anyway? Learn from past goof ups and don't do it the next time.

it sounds like you're on your way. I know - running into exes suck. Especially if they ended badly. In my opinion, moving on and ignorning and finding different circles to be in is the best way. And you seem to know that.

Hi there tmills001,

Good to hear from you again. I know what you mean by outgrowing your peers and feeling bad. It's just a part of life though. I outgrew my friends when I had my first son.....it was tough but I got through it. About your exs, well just try and learn from all the mistakes you made....ya know what I mean? You'll be t.....you'll see .

Thanks for your replies! Yeah, I had done a few things wrong in that relationship, but I did alot of thinking (again) about it and realized why it hurt when she laughed at me. She was a very controlling person. Wouldn't let me hang out with friends, complained that she never had the chance to spend time with me when I was going through school, and even before I found out she was pregnate, she was making wedding plans! She was even telling me after a month into the relationship that she WAS going to marry me! My mistake was that instead of letting her go, I held on and hid from these issue, I ignored them. Over all she was a very controlling person, and I took the abuse. And all of that pain just came flooding back when I had seen her! I know I shouldn't feel bad, but I'm in that phase right now where I am doubting just about every relationship I have/had either with a significant other, or with friends. I really wonder if it is possible to not only outgrow your friends, but with a place as well. It's very funny how the past can revisit you in ways anyone never thought possible and give you a total different outlook on things.