I don't know how to ask her out!

surething

I met this girl at a party, then a friend told her i am interested and gave me her number. We talked last night and we hit it off. Today, she told our friend that she likes me a lot and said she would go out with me if i asked.

How do i ask her out? My friend said "ask her if she would go out with you." Am i making a date here? Or am i just saying "would you like to go out with me sometime?" like in general? I'm calling her later tonight so i need some advice asap! I know she will say yes, but what do i say from there?

First question is where do you think you would take her? Know where, then ask if she would like to go, without asking when, if she says yes, ask when. Have a plan, how to get there, get home, what to do, and do it. First date, make sure you pay for it.

How to act on it? Enjoy yourself, just try to have fun. And don't talk to much, listen.

Do i ask her out in general first, then tell her where?

I can't think of anywhere to take her that would be good. It shouldn't be a huge deal right? Would something thats casual be good, like out to eat or something? I'm drawing a huge blank because i'm really excited she said she likes me.

As a guy in my thirties, who lives in New York City. Dinner is the standard first date that I take a woman on. I get the impression you are younger than I am. But, there are for people of different ages, incomes and social groups things that are generally considered "good" first dates.

For me a good first date is dinner, at a restaurant that is fairly casual, not expensive, but certainly not cheap. It's not too romantic, and it is not noisy. For me McDonalds is not a good first date. A fancy French place would look like I was trying to hard. Most guys and woman I know understand the appropriate level restaurant and type fo atmosphere, etc.

Do you have friends with some experience in this department. Where do they go? Go to someplace that seems to fit the standards of your friends.

If you are going to a casual dinner, a good idea, then you jsut ask her to dinner and set a time. The you either take her there or tell her where later. You can think about where for a day or two.

BTW, what is your age?

I'm 19. I've only asked out a couple of girls before. And the girls i went out with before weren't really official or anything, we would just kind of hang out.

So i can ask her out to eat, and set a date/time, but i don't need the place yet right? That sounds good. Does it matter if its dinner?

And should i plan anything for afterwards?

Dinner is not a requirement. But there are three general types of dates to consider. The fun date, the talking date, the interesting date. Dinner is a talking date. Going somewhere like a museum could be an interesting date, you are learning. Mini-golf or shooting pool could be a fun date (talk trash and flirt on these).

A fun date can be a good dfirst date. A talking date is normally a better first date. Let her talk, listen, ask questions, make lots of eye contact when she is speaking (DO NOT LET YOUR EYES LEAVE the triangle formed by the tip of her nose and outside corners of her eyebrows, while she speaks. Lock onto her eyes as she finishes speaking and hold it for a moment after she is done.) This kind of eye contact will work wonders for her being attracted to you.

If it is dinner, then planning something for after depends on how much time you have. If you make the date for a weeknight or some other night on which you need to get up early the other day, then you have every excuse in the world to end it early. If it is a Saturday night date, then it will probably run later. Makes sense? So, if you have to soak up the time, then have something else to do. Ask some friends who will give you good advice.

You're 19. Are you in college or working?

If you have a night on which you need to soak up four or more hours, I would suggest dinner and a movie, but I would also suggest you go to the movie first. If you go to dinner first, you can sit there at dinner with nothing to talk about. And then you go to the movie, and you don't talk there. But if you go to the movie, then dinner, your opening conversation during dinner can be about the movie. Make dinner and the movie happen in close proximity if possible.

Dinner and then something besides a movie can work too. Making the date into a fun date after dinner can work too.

I'm in college. She's 18 and in high school.

I asked her out last night. She said yes, but she's busy with school for the next few days, so she said i can hang out with her and our friend this weekend.

Am i supposed to call her again tonight? We've talked twice.

No. Why would you have to call her tonight?

I don't know, just to talk? Or do i just wait until we make plans? I think she said we will do something tomorrow night. So maybe i'm supposed to call tonight and set it up? I've tried to ask our friend but i can't get a hold of her.

Call her during the day tomorrow. sometime after 12:00 and before 3:00. You don't want to talk to her everyday, until she is pretty much yours.

Call her during the day tomorrow. sometime after 12:00 and before 3:00. You don't want to talk to her everyday, until she is pretty much yours.

Okay, thanks. I just don't want her to think that i dont like her or something. I don't know if she's expecting me to or not. The first time we talked was for over an hour, and last night was really long too.

Okay, thanks. I just don't want her to think that i dont like her or something. I don't know if she's expecting me to or not. The first time we talked was for over an hour, and last night was really long too.

Acutally, you should nto be worried abotu this, you should want her to wonder. Be Aloof, which means let her think about whether you like her or want her more than your actions indicate.

I mean if you ask her out, she knows you must be somewhat attracted to her, why else would you bother. She does not know how much of why. Why could be that you are just trying to get sex, want nothing but to enjoy her company, or think she might be the person you want in a serious relationship. She should not know what you want, except to the extent your actions give you away.

A girl should not know what you want until she has declared what she wants. Once this girl tells you directly (not your friends) that she likes you, then you can be more open as to where you want this to go with her.

I don't like it when girls suggest hanging out in a group, or with another friend. I'm not saying she's not interested, but why would someone who likes someone else want a third party to be involved? She keeps incorporating her friends into this for some reason. Find out why.

A girl should not know what you want until she has declared what she wants. Once this girl tells you directly (not your friends) that she likes you, then you can be more open as to where you want this to go with her.

I don't like it when girls suggest hanging out in a group, or with another friend. I'm not saying she's not interested, but why would someone who likes someone else want a third party to be involved? She keeps incorporating her friends into this for some reason. Find out why.

Its fine. She came with her friend over the weekend. I think she did that because we have only met once briefly, so it was kind of like an icebreaker, like a chance to be around each other without being on a "date." It turned out really great. At the end of the night, she kissed me on the cheek. Pretty good considering we've only met once. Her friend told me she really likes me and wants me to ask her out, so i did and she said of course. Thats where i'm at now.