My boyfriend of about 10 months has just moved away to pursue a career...Because I'm going to school and he's busy trying to find a job, I won't be able to see him for at least two months...We're keeping in touch by telephone and e-mail but I'd like to send him some real mail with something special...any ideas? I'm not a very good writer so I wouldn't be able to write a poem or a song...and he's alreayd given me a mixed cd...any interesting suggestions??

First of all, thanks for responding...this is my first day and my first post with this forum...I didn't know if anyone would respond...

Anyways, we don't have a favorite candy...I'm thinking a letter, a picture of us he hasn't seen yet that I just got developed...and I'm stuck after that...

I hate long distance relationships... I wish he'd come home...then I wouldn't have to worry about this...

San, I'm so sorry. =/

Bf's in Iraq at the moment too... but I should see him in less than a year because he's in the Navy instead of the Army. *whew* Still, I can bet on not seeing him until the end of May or June at least, and that's our best hope right now.

=) I'm trying to make up a Christmas care package too, so yeah.. ^^: tuning in on this tread too.

Wow...I haven't seen mine since October. I will however get to see him again in January, if all works out correctly. I shouldn't complain...I can't imagine having to go through not only not seeing him for a year or so, but worry about him being in Iraq as well. My heart goes out to those having to go through that.

lol.. no, keep complaining. we're on enotalone to complain. if we don't complain this forum will serve no purpose.

besides, personally, reading about other people's hardships makes me feel like mine's easier.

i chose to be with this guy and i chose to put up with being apart. =) when I'm really down I look at poor army wives that haven't seen their husbands for 15mo+ and I feel better again. ^_~ ahaha, i'm so horrible...

more suggestions on care package? I read somewhere where this woman wanted to make mini stockings with candy and stuff + mini x'mas tree or gloves...

I already got him a build-a-bear, now i'm looking for other things that can go in the package.

What do you have in mind for your bf?

don't worry, 2 mo isn't that long. My friend freaked out about her bf going to france for a month. At the end of the month she barely noticed the time. Time goes by quickly if you only look back.

tea,

you mentioned you were going to send him a care package...have you decided what to send him yet?

I need to do something really nice for my boyfriend...he does so much for me and I don't feel like I do enough for him in return...

Plus his birthday is Dec 29 so I have to get him something for Christmas, his birthday, and just because....

I'm so bad at thinking of things like this though....

build a bear? =D I don't like plushies and I'm sure his co-workers will laugh when they see the bear...but those build-a-bear bears are the coolest thing in the world. you can make a bear with your style of clothes + record your voice and put it in the bear.

it's really pricy though. my bear turned out to be about 60 dollars. =X waaaaay~ too expensive.

bear: 15

hat: 8

sweater: 8

shoes:7

underwear: 3.5

skirt:6

sound: 8

pet dog: 3

dog accessory: 3

*sweat* Well, if you just want a bear with 1 cloth + one sound it's about 30..

i think it's cute anyways.

I'm trying to think up other stuff to go along with it. maybe pics of his family, pics of me...books he likes to read..

or I edited my last put and included some ideas i read from other forums. maybe you can check those ideas out too.

That's really really funny that you mentioned that because I've already done that for him! haha! For his university graduation I got him a graduation bear....it was expensive, but it was cute and he liked it....

He left me with his favorite fleece when he left...I wish I had given him something of mine like that but it's kind of too late...he already moved!!

Thanks for the help I'm a newbie at this long distance relationship stuff, I need all the help I can get!