Still living together for 43 more days....

Messed up. That is me. Here is my situation, my boyfriend and I met two years ago through friends (his best friend was living with my best friend). We met, we started casually dating, than slowly turned more serious. We both lived in different cities the whole time we were seeing each other. Now for details: I am 26 and the mother of 2 daughter's ages 6 & 4. I was going to school the whole time we were dating getting my diploma in Business Management. He is 27, has never been seriously involved with anyone before, and has three degrees incuding a Masters in Business. While we dating he got to know my family very well, as i got to know his very well, we always discussed where we were at in our lives and what we had planned for our lives together. Fast forward. In December he gets a promotion but it's in the farrrr northern side of Canada. A simple straight 24 hour drive from my current city. (sarcasm). We agreed to keep seeing each other over the distance and everything would be peachy keen. But, as a twist of fate, when i went back to my school after winter break, I had found that i had failed two of my core classes and was requested to discontinue. *panick* While I told him about what had happened at school, he told me that he had found himself a two bedroom apartment, and asked us to come up to live with him and we decided that we were ready to take our relationship into a new level.

Well....things went downhill rapidly from then on. We've been living together for 3.5 months now, and he has decided that he is not ready for family life. We are splitting up but we have to live together for 43 more days until my daughter is finished school. We have decided to still be a couple until than and to try to remain friends afterwards. This was fine...but now, everything is so confusing. He is more open to me than ever, discusses everything, talks to me like we still have a future left as a couple, still calls my girls his daughters, it's like we are still moving ahead as a couple...although we are not...and it seems like everything is better than ever. What is going on?? He says he is not ready for a family and we are moving back home without him, but still he acts like we are still a family. I am getting seriously messed up here. I am getting mixed signals. can someone offer some advice as to what is going on here? He says he still wants us to go on our own separate ways.....but what the hell is this? Why the attempts to discuss what went wrong with us if we are not going to be an "us" anymore?

If he start panic on day 7 or 6................he cares about you

If not? pack you bags and move.... But stay cool.....(he will want you back for sure.......)

But b4 you actually leave , make sure you ask him:

" and what am i suppose to tell my kids? "

*Besides......if he calls your kid a daughter.......im sure he cares......because if he didn't care , he would call them by names........

Hello char,

First of all, I so know what your going through. I was in a similar situation almost a month ago. Me and my ex broke up but I had to still live with him until I finished school. We have a 3 y/o son and we too decided to remain friends as well. Ok, the day before I leave, he's crying, and he is one those "real men don't cry" kinda guy. He said that he still loved me and if there was anything he could do he do it as long as I stay. Well I didn't, and still to this day he brings "us" up. I guess my advice is to give it time, maybe he'll want you back, maybe not. But for you and your girls.....move on. It's going to be hard, but trust me, you'll get through it.