DON'T EVER Facebook Stalk your ex

heartbrokengir

The best way to do is: Block ex, Unfriend exes friends.

It's normal to want him to contact you but if he is thinking about it and all he can think of is contacting you through facebook then sadly I have to say that you don't want that.

The harder it becomes for him to contact you, the better. And even if that happens you gotta be very very very careful. You should surf a while on these forums and learn how your situation is not so different from many other's. It never is ...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The best way to do is: Block ex, Unfriend exes friends.

It's normal to want him to contact you but if he is thinking about it and all he can think of is contacting you through facebook then sadly I have to say that you don't want that.

The harder it becomes for him to contact you, the better. And even if that happens you gotta be very very very careful. You should surf a while on these forums and learn how your situation is not so different from many other's. It never is ...

Thanks everyone for helping me with the Facebook situation. I'm so glad I blocked and unfriended him, as well as all of our mutual friends, even my friends because I don't want anything to stall healing. I am so happy with what I did

Thanks everyone for helping me with the Facebook situation. I'm so glad I blocked and unfriended him, as well as all of our mutual friends, even my friends because I don't want anything to stall healing. I am so happy with what I did

good for you. NO REGRETS! Just call them learning opportunities

Yup... at least you realized it now! Of course you aren't over him, as it is way too soon. Don't move on faster than you should (although that sounds counter productive)... I am mostly leaning toward a mentality where HE'S NOT IN IT. Don't think about him or even state that you are over him... Telling yourself you are over HIM includes HIM in that phrase... He is no longer a thought in your brain, and if he happens to pop in there a few times a day or a week, think about something else... GOT IT?!!??!

This one. I'm scared that I'm moving on too fast and will bite me in the a*&^ in the end.

Why do you think you are moving on too fast? And how do you know you are ACTUALLY moving on?

Because compared to my previous break ups, it took me a lot longer to not be depressed. I was never able to sleep and eat. This time around I am not sad, sleep well and eat well. I guess I just figured out a lot of things on my own and did a lot of introspection. I know I'm actually healing (wink) because it doesn't really hurt thinking about him anymore. I can picture myself with others in fact I want to be with another guy. It's just my feelings. Does that make sense. Most importantly I know what I want in a guy. And he's not it.

Because compared to my previous break ups, it took me a lot longer to not be depressed. I was never able to sleep and eat. This time around I am not sad, sleep well and eat well. I guess I just figured out a lot of things on my own and did a lot of introspection. I know I'm actually healing (wink) because it doesn't really hurt thinking about him anymore. I can picture myself with others in fact I want to be with another guy. It's just my feelings. Does that make sense

Perfect. Then you aren't "moving on out of spite", as I was trying to imply... You'll be fine, and just keep doing what you're doing.

Perfect. Then you aren't "moving on out of spite", as I was trying to imply... You'll be fine, and just keep doing what you're doing.

I think deep down I'm afraid I'm moving on our if spite and this is just my anger speaking. That's why I said I was scared. But then who knows, time will tell

I think deep down I'm afraid I'm moving on our if spite and this is just my anger speaking. That's why I said I was scared. But then who knows, time will tell

Yep, you will know if you have "tried to move on too fast" once you think about him and possibly interact with him in some way/shape/form... Let's say for instance a week or two goes by, and he calls/text you, or you decide to unblock him from Facebook. Will you be able to handle it ok? Make sure you aren't pushing everything under the rug, but instead, sweeping it into the dust pan and into the trash bin where it belongs. Capiche?

Yep, you will know if you have "tried to move on too fast" once you think about him and possibly interact with him in some way/shape/form... Let's say for instance a week or two goes by, and he calls/text you, or you decide to unblock him from Facebook. Will you be able to handle it ok? Make sure you aren't pushing everything under the rug, but instead, sweeping it into the dust pan and into the trash bin where it belongs. Capiche?

Yes Capiche!

hehe, doesn't sound like you're over him yet if it's... BRUTAL

why was it brutal?

I am obviously not over him, but I'm doing well and am healing properly. It was brutal because I was really sad by getting dumped and it felt so real that I almost cried in the dream. Like in real life, we broke up in a matter of three weeks without any pre-emptive warning, and I thought we were so happy and we're doing so well. Then... everything happened, so in the dream, same thing happened. It just felt real.

I can't help myself. She's blocked me on Facebook but I go on my friends to see her account, stupid I know. I'm not strong enough to not look!

I saw her status once which included the word boyfriend and I didn't bother looking for three days.

Facebook is poison for situations like these..

Ahhh I see... well, keep it at with doing well and healing properly! Dreams aren't supposed to make sense anyway, and being with him didn't make much sense, did it?

It made sense at the time. Gerrr... I'm still thinking about the letter and the money I sent. I wonder if he's got it yet. I guess it's because I still have feelings for him so I am afraid I'm gonna look petty by sending that card.

I can't help myself. She's blocked me on Facebook but I go on my friends to see her account, stupid I know. I'm not strong enough to not look!

I saw her status once which included the word boyfriend and I didn't bother looking for three days.

Facebook is poison for situations like these..

I think everyone has been in that position of desperation, but it will pass with time. Just keep reminding yourself WHY they aren't with you and why you aren't with them. They sounds similar but aren't. Gain composure, self-control and reflect back. She's not worth your time nor effort.

and 'why' is that?

Because I stopped focusing on myself and started focusing on him, what he will think of me when he reads the card he once wrote to me. I was afraid it will taint my image to him, but then I thought that's not something I can control, I can control my behaviours and thoughts but not the other way around. If he really forgets about all my positive attributes just because of my sending of a card, then more reason for me to not be with this person, and more reason for me to heal.

Archived