Need Help - Marriage Dilemma

You LIKE her?? Aren't you supposed to love her if you're thinking if marrying her.

I'm sorry but your parents are utter snobs. Between your lack of emotion towards her (let's face it if you really loved this girl you would be disagreeing with your parents and sticking up for her) and your parents snobbery, the poor girl doesn't stand a chance.

Let her go so she can find someone who loves her, respects her and who would fight to be with her. Let your parents choose someone they think is worthy of THEM .... whether she makes you happy or not because that clearly doesn't matter here.

follow ur heart if u didnt love her you wouldnt want to get married n insist on it for the second time i think you should stop listening to everyone else these factors are so dumb really think about it and u will be attracted to other women just like she prob will be atracted to other men we r humans it happens but our heart knows where it belongs no matter who u find attractive physical looks dont last they fade away so dont be stupid who cares if she short what if someone told her oh dont be with him cuz hes too tall ... flip the roles what if it was the other way around . and if u need opinions from strangers to tell u if u should marry her or not then u prob not ready for marriage when u want to marry someone that u in love with not love cuz its 2 diff things then you r deaf n blind to anyones views n opinions but clear to urs and dont need nobodys opinion to know if u should marry the person ur in love with or not and marriage shouldnt b pressured it should come naturally u dont want to regret it one day do it when u feel you both are ready and when ur ready to grow up cuz u actually love her and stop listening to parents n other ppl its ur life ur parents r grown and made a life of their own its ur turn so think about all i wrote

There are couples with great height differences. Personally, I don't think it is really a problem. If you really love her even if she is short, then you do love her. Is height something that is important to you? You didn't think of it when you dated her for 5 whole years?

I can understand the pressure that is social stigma, but I would think height would be one on a lower list if at all on the list. My ex was 6 ft tall and I am only 5 ft. People thought we were cute together and it was never a problem.

At the end of the day, only you will be the one that's there with her. Your parents are not going to be around forever. And keep in mind, everyone looks like Marilyn Monroe in the dark when you're getting busy.

Unless she's sporting a hump and a cleft palette, I doubt you are going to get heckled by anyone, and if you do, I'm surprised you wouldn't think that you'd be beating them down. No matter how perfect you think a situation would be, if they were only prettier, smarter, funnier, skinnier, nothing will ever be - but the question is, are they the best person for you.

Height will never predict if they will cheat on you, steal your money, run off with another person, abuse you, mock you, or not support you.

And if you think that you would be better off with someone a few inches taller, then you will be in a rude-awakening with life soon enough.

I like her but I don't want to annoy my parents as well. Because my happiness depends on my parents' happiness as well. They feel that if I marry this girl then they will get embarrassed in front of their friends and relatives and their social image/status would get spoiled. Even some of my friends said that its not a right match and they have start ignoring me.

There is the root of the problem.

Please, this girl deserves better than you. She deserves a future and a marriage with someone who values her.

If you are even posting this, DON'T marry her. Let her have a chance with someone who truly loves her. You either don't know the meaning of love, or you just are still tagging after your parents and can't stand up for yourself. If you're so interested in an "arranged" marriage, let your parents find someone for you. After all, "your happiness depends on your parents' happiness" right??? And by the way, how come you weren't "embarrassed" for the last 5 years when you were dating her? You had your fun with her and now when it comes to making a commitment, you're finding excuses. As long as there was no commitment, her height or looks didn't matter.

Your parents and friends are not going to live your life for you. It's YOU who has to live your life. If you're not going to have a backbone and if you can't stand up for the girl you "claim" to love, then DON'T marry her and make her life miserable. Let her go to someone who is more worthy of her and who won't bother about her height or looks and love her for who she is.

you sounds looks like asian people. I feel for you dude. but why dont you meet her parents, tell her that you are not ready for marriage yet. and tell your mom if she is your the one.

tell her that she need to like her, even shes not pretty, but her heart is the one you see.

I understand the part you need to make your parents happy then you will be happy. but really, sometimes, you need to choose what makes you happy the most. and remember, in your situation, your parents wont love any other girl anyway, beside they find the girl for you.

once they rule your life, they will do the same thing till they are gone.

Archived