Jealous of boyfriend complimenting other females.

gabriella777

I guess the title is pretty much self explanatory. I hate it when my boyfriend comments on a girl saying that she looks "amazing", or "great" or likes pictures of attractive girls on fb and comments. It's okay when he likes a picture but I feel hurt when he comments too

It makes me feel really insecure. I know he compliments girls and he's done it in front of me too (he mainly compliments female friends of his). I know he doesn't fancy his friends but I can't help feeling horrible. Am I overreacting? Should I just put up with this until I'm okay with it? I don't feel I'll ever be okay with it though; we've been together for more than a year now.

i think that`s very normal to feel hurt and insecure, if my wife does the same i will feel the same as well, i don`t know why thou, why can`t he simply direct his compliments toward you, it will be somewhat okay to say, look that dress looks good on that girl,, etc,, but to tell a woman she is beautiful on front of you, that`s not acceptable, i know there is a lot of beautiful women out there, but my wife is the ultimate beauty, the best of all.

don`t take me wrong, if i see a beautiful woman i may look at her, i may say oh yeah she`s beautiful, but as a form of respect to my wife and the relationship, i will never compliment another woman either she is absent or present. i think you need to address this issue with your boyfriend.

Does he compliment you in the same/similar way?

Also, have you mentioned to him how this makes you feel?

She does compliment me too, yes. But the extent to which he compliments me doesn't seem to make much of a difference to my feelings.

Me and him have talked about my jealously a lot during our relationship. I remember it being mentioned but never fully talked about... I'm just afraid that he'll get defensive and he will not want to stop complimenting his friends...

I suggest you simply ask him to stop complimenting other women on facebook so that everyone else can see it as well. Tell him that you feel disrespected (not jealous) when he advertises his attraction without regard for how such a thing would make you feel. Then don't let him justify. Just tell him if he tries justifying that you are simply telling him information about your feelings that you think he has a right to know and then drop the subject. If he values you and cares about your feelings, then hopefully he will volunarily stop devaluing you in front of others.

Archived