Is it a lost cause once a man hits 40?

Aries73

Guys I am a 25 year old female I would go for a 40 something year old. Probably not a wealthy one though to avoid any weird gold digger comments. I haven't seen anyone past the age of 33 but age doesn't even come into play. Honestly men are too hard on themselves in so many cases. All that matters to me is that he is a good man, we are attracted to each other, have a similar sense of humour and are looking for the same things. The end. No age bracket. And if you are worried about a woman cutting you down for approaching her, know that if she does that- she is a horrific person and you're better off not knowing her. So buck up, don't be sleazy (chat up lines or verbally digging for a hint she might be interested when that hint didn't come naturally, if she doesn't have the look in her eye after a few minutes- MOVE ON.) Go out there and get yourselves some women! FYI There are single women of all ages out there too.

Guys I am a 25 year old female I would go for a 40 something year old. Probably not a wealthy one though to avoid any weird gold digger comments. I haven't seen anyone past the age of 33 but age doesn't even come into play. Honestly men are too hard on themselves in so many cases. All that matters to me is that he is a good man, we are attracted to each other, have a similar sense of humour and are looking for the same things. The end.

Well, you seem to have a good attitude, and are going to make some dude really happy! Hope he doesn't screw it up!

Don't go to a "singles" meetup = go to the "dining out" meetup, "ferret lovers" meet up or whatever your interests are. Not everyone is looking for a date but when people know that you are single, you might just meet someone with similar interests or someone might have a sister, college roommate, daughter, etc, she would love to introduce you to. Also, making friends with new guys if you are a guy opens you up to his social network of "girl I grew up with who is like a sister", his sister, and his single coworkers. He knows you are a good guy, so he's vouch for you. That' exactly how my brother's friend met his wife.

40s over? "Was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor?"

Nope. This is the time to pull up your big boy pants and celebrate the beauty of you.

I have friend who just married at 40 and had his first child; she is younger buy not by much.

My exH had a new baby (yay) with his gf who is 10 tears younger; when baby arrived parents were 36/46

Best sex ever happens at 40+ because everyone is over being vain, guilty, libertine, whatever, and just into doing what works best

The meet and greet scene is a little different too. We come together and apart with decisiveness, everyone is just too busy/goal-oriented/distracted to bring much focus to anyone who isnt just right or nearly so. Keep some names floating around whom you can call when you just want good company, definitely take the advice of deepening your peer friendships, and pursue activities you love. And its totally okay to just ask someone out, on the fly. There are no parents, no cliques, no best friends watching from their locker down the hall. Just do what moves you.

I dont know if this was helpful, but mostly, No, its just beginning!

I'll be 45 in two weeks and whilst I agree with all the 'it's just a number' bollocks, it's not how I feel.

I swear somebody snuck into my house last night and plastered pictures of my mother all over my mirrors.

And as for the cougar rap... Yeah, it's great for getting a date or a young guy who wants to take you home but that is definitely were it ends.

I'm not looking for 'the one' but someone would be nice...... And I'm sorry but 40's guys have it easier than 40's chic's FACT

Let's face facts, finding a partner at 40 cannot be a plausible task--society just looks askance at people nearing my age who haven't found anyone. So what can a single man do to make the 40s at least tolerable besides resign himself to an insane asylum and be treated like a mental invalid?

Sounds like foolish self-pity. I just turned 51 and am doing just fine. Trust me, I'm no hunk, I just refuse to go gently into that good night.

I'll be 45 in two weeks and whilst I agree with all the 'it's just a number' bollocks, it's not how I feel.

I swear somebody snuck into my house last night and plastered pictures of my mother all over my mirrors.

And as for the cougar rap... Yeah, it's great for getting a date or a young guy who wants to take you home but that is definitely were it ends.

I'm not looking for 'the one' but someone would be nice...... And I'm sorry but 40's guys have it easier than 40's chic's FACT

Another one. Did the pity train stop here earlier? If you're not doing well, check the attitude. It's never the other gender's fault when we don't do well in dating.

Archived