Checking Ex Boyfriend's Twitter

hazelwut

So I weekly checked my ex boyfriend's twitter and I don't know why I just did that out of curiosity. I have no contact and no feelings no more to him, I used to check because he was in the same community and when my friend tweeting with him I sometimes opened his profile too just to know what is up in our community.

Now I have a happy relationship ever. I'm afraid if my boyfriend knows this he will get hurt (or is it not a big deal?). I mean, I'm just bored and we even in a long distance relationship, so he won't know this but I love him so much I'm about to move to his country in a month.

Now I stop checking anymore because one time my 2nd ex texted me how I'm doing and replied few and I told my bf this and he seemed to be a bit upset. I explained to him that we just texting few and I didn't reply anymore because my ex seemed to expect more and he understands, even he really trusts me because I do love him and willing to be honest to him. He is my everything, I don't want secret between us and I don't want him to get hurt.

We've been together for 5 months now (few days after breaking up with my ex), and I was with ex for 8 months.

The question is, checking ex's profile called cheating? And should I bring this up to my bf? Do I need to tell him (reminding we're still in a new relationship).

One time I skype with him and he looked me a bit sad because I was thinking too much about this that I think I need to tell him that I used to check my ex's profile and explained everything, because I feel like I keep a secret. He asked me if everything is fine, I said yes, and he asked me again 'really?', and I lied to him that everything is fine which I think is not. We just really have a strong connection together.

What do you guys think?

Thanks everyone x

I think for many reasons you should stop. There is no real need to continue looking if the both of you are living your own lives. I don't see a need for you to mention something to the current bf. Its not harming anyone however, if you continue it can really cause a lot of issues with trust and security. I wouldn't call it cheating but I would understand if your bf would feel as if you were being a little dishonest. Quit now please.

I think for many reasons you should stop. There is no real need to continue looking if the both of you are living your own lives. I don't see a need for you to mention something to the current bf. Its not harming anyone however, if you continue it can really cause a lot of issues with trust and security. I wouldn't call it cheating but I would understand if your bf would feel as if you were being a little dishonest. Quit now please.

Thank you so much for your advice. I have stopped checking since few days ago. And as long as It's not cheating (because you're a guy and you told me this), I think bf and I will be just fine.

I wonder if this is happening because you didn't give yourself the time to heal, before getting into another relationship?

yes, my ex was a bit pulling me away, and my bf didn't know that I wasn't single so we're getting close and I told him about this but he never tried to make me break up, I did. when he knows I broke up he said he falls in love with me and I'm willing to look forward with him now. I just feel I keep a secret from him (that I don't tell him I checked my ex's twitter) or what do you think? should I or it's supposed to be just my deal for myself?

You only checked once and that's ok. It's not cheating. If it becomes a habit or an obsession then it may become a problem. You're allowed to think of your ex and wonder.

I didn't feel like it was a habit, because as I wrote that it was just sometimes when my friend tweeting with him and it showed up in my timeline, so I checked him too. but I have stopped, AND I have no feelings no more.

Archived