"but if you want to attract others then you need to look like what they want."

That's a disgusting comment. Do not change yourself. I have some of the same issues with shyness. And it doesn't just stump you in meeting people, it can be hard to build a strong relationship with someone if you're shy as well. Personally, I know someone for quite sometime before that shyness goes away. Maybe I have less friends, and I have less relationships. But those relationships and friends were always more meaningful, because they took the time for me to become comfortable around them. I've taken it upon myself to read some books on communication, and overcoming this, so I have more opportunities. I think it has a lot to do with confidence as well.

I have been to therapy a heap of times and its all the same thing i havent heard. having said that i dont feel i need to go as i dont think i have self esteem issues. I always carry myself confidently and happily and everyone has said that. Its not that i cant attract people i can, but im just always attracting those im not interested in rather then the ones i am interested in

Perhaps it's a matter of pursuing the one's you're interested in then. Are the people you're interested in similar to you, or opposite?

Perhaps it's a matter of pursuing the one's you're interested in then. Are the people you're interested in similar to you, or opposite?

Yeah theyre more my type in style and looks wise. the only thing that lets them down is they know their hot, therefore they always think they can do better hence why i never seem to cut it with them

Yeah theyre more my type in style and looks wise. the only thing that lets them down is they know their hot, therefore they always think they can do better hence why i never seem to cut it with them

I think everyone struggles with this from time to time. Arrogance can be attractive in a certain light. Maybe try connecting with people who are less like yourself. Opposites attract for a reason. It's good to have some things in common of course, but getting to know someone entirely different can make for a lot more conversation and growth.

Archived