This post is my attempt at sorting out my own thoughts, so I am sorry if there seems to be no specific question to answer (although I do welcome any insight).

I am currently in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend. Although we were in a ldr at the beginning of our relationship, I moved and we spent a year together. I recently had to move back to my country of origin, and we are in a ldr again. I am finding it hard to readjust.

We talk alot on Skype, but I'm in college so I often need to leave for classes, do homework, attempt to bond with people here etc. He has moved back in with his parents, and currently has more free time than I do. When I have to leave he understands that I have other things to do.

Me on the other hand - well, sometimes when he has to leave to do other things I get upset. I go a bit quiet, and sulky I guess. I don't know why, and I know it is unfair to him.

I realize that he needs to be able to do other things than talk to me. I'm trying to tell myself, how would you feel if he got upset every time you had to go to class? The answer I come up with is that it's obviously not very nice, and that he shouldn't have to be in that position.

I do have things that I can do with friends or on my own while he's gone. I should see him leaving as an opportunity to get stuff done, so we can spend time talking when he comes back.

I just need to get a better handle on coping with the feelings of missing him, and not let them get the best of me. I know he loves me, and that he wants to spend time talking to me. But sometimes there are other priorities that come first, and I need to accept that.

When I had this problem, I started writing a blog. I could post pics, write out my thoughts, get feedback from other bloggers.

I just need to get a better handle on coping with the feelings of missing him, and not let them get the best of me. I know he loves me, and that he wants to spend time talking to me.

My readers always let me vent as much as I needed, and posting the pics and writing stories to accompany them always gave me an outlet.

LDRs can be so hard! *hugs*

Archived