Turkish Ceramics & Other Ceramics

Silverbirch

I was at a market yesterday and saw these beautiful ceramics. I can't recall seeing Turkish ceramics before although I do recall the glassware.

link removed

My great grandfather who I met when I was around 12 years old when he visited was a ceramics maker in Sicily. Very different type of ceramics but very nice.

Hi SS, no I didn't buy anything yesterday, but I will ask my friends from my dance group as I know some of them really like that sort of thing and are much more knowledgeable about the different ethnic clusterings about Melbourne and where to go for different things. (They play Turkish drums which are SO beautiful - you play them with the fingers. They have such a lovely mellow sound and a lot of them are quite ornately decorated).

I'll have a look around at some other images and post some for you SS. I saw some books from Amazon on Morroccan design which I'm sure you would like SS. Some Morroccan inspiration in your lovely London back garden seems very like you!

Yes, they are lovely. SS, I think you will like this link - Morroccan London as there is a resemblance to the Turkish style:

link removed

I had another look at some Turkish glassware. We drink lots more water these days at home and in resturants. A turkish glass jug and some glasses would definitely be on my wish list.

I was at a market yesterday and saw these beautiful ceramics. I can't recall seeing Turkish ceramics before although I do recall the glassware.

link removed

They have the identical stall at our local markets every weekend. Been going to them for years and bought a whole bunch of Christmas gifts for family and friends there. I love them! They have really gorgeous things.

Hi Capricorn. Lucky You! I've had to work every weekend for the past 10 months and most weekends before that for a very long time. I've just changed my work contract so I can have every second weekend off and I'll be going back on a regular basis. That stall-holder had a number of beautiful Turkish rugs as well but as they didn't have price tags on, I wasn't game to ask. Then again, I think that with the larger more expensive items, they usually negotiate prices.

My housemate is Dutch-born and spent 4 years living in Japan. When I first moved here, he had quite a few bits and pieces of Dutch ceramics in the kitchen but he seems to have gotten rid of a lot of it. I thought it was quaint. He has his living room with a few Japanese art prints blended quite nicely with other bits and pieces - quite minimalist but interesting.

He had bits here and there of the blue and white Dutch ceramic thing going:

link removed

oh wow wow wow wow wow

I particularly like the london garden , spot on silver ...you know me well . I recognise the dutch

pottery , that lovely blue and the beautiful windmill designs .

I don;t actually live in London ..I put it because when I joined here I was been all cloak and dagger about who I was hahahaha ..I live in a place called milton keynes which I believe once upon a time was "built" for the london overspill as its only 40 minutes on a train . But I am actually born and bred in a Hull ..thats in yorkshire so if you have ever heard or coronation street or emerdale farm ..well thats what I speak like haha

I LOVE camden market ...its has everything ..oh you get here silver and we will have a ball and a rather large shopping spree hahaha

Hugs Star!!! Well, I live around an hour's train ride from Melbourne. Well, wasn't James Herriott from Yorkshire?

A young woman I work with has just taken a year's leave and will work in London. I'm envious! If I do ever get over there, I'll be sure to give you a call and meet up for shopping. LOL

Well, I like living here, but I would like to visit London (and the rest of England too), but I would freeze to death in the winter. I even freeze here in winter. LOL, I am originally from the sub-tropics but for last 20 years lived in "Australian Cold Climate". There is snow maybe an hours drive from where I live and it gets to around minus 2 celsius in winter with frosts, but nothing like winter in the UK. There is so much I would like to see in England.