Will a date kiss you if they're not interested?

musiclover

Dating... FML. It had been 8 months since my last "first date" and last night I jumped back on the horse. For the first time ever I was genuinely very nervous about meeting this girl. I'm pretty good at hiding my nervousness in any situation so I don't think she noticed, but my mind was racing the entire time to the point where I couldn't actually assess how things were going. There was a fair amount of touching throughout the date, we held hands at the bar, and there was a long kiss goodnight. Just from that alone, I'm sure the date went well, but to ease my mind I thought I'd ask you guys.

Do you think she was showing signs of interest, or could it have been just a ritualistic part of the date? I know that might seem like a ridiculous question, and if I'm just over thinking it feel free to give me a cyber kick in the ass. Its just that this is a spark when I had convinced myself that love wasn't in my cards. I haven't "liked" anyone in long time and its tossing my brain for a loop.

Aside from this, she mentioned last night that she's a romantic and loves little gestures. Long story short, she works a stones throw away from where I live. Tonight I want to leave a rose on her window with a silly/cute "Roses are red" poem about how pretty she looked in her dress last night. Thoughts?

Thanks peeps!

Aside from this, she mentioned last night that she's a romantic and loves little gestures. Long story short, she works a stones throw away from where I live. Tonight I want to leave a rose on her window with a silly/cute "Roses are red" poem about how pretty she looked in her dress last night. Thoughts?

Thanks peeps!

IMO this may be too much too soon

Some people do. Its happened to me and it obviously hurt. But try not to think too negative at the moment. Enjoy what you have.

I wouldnt leave a rose either, especially if you havent been seeing eachother that long. Thats just my own personal opinion.

Agree that it might be too soon, especially leaving it on her window (stalkerish) Instead, it would be nice to drop a rose off at her place of work, or wait to give them to her on your next date, but do it in person.

I've never had a date that kissed when they're not interested - I could tell they weren't interested during the date and I was feeling the same, so I didn't ask and they didn't offer.

I've had dates that turned into relationships where I didn't get a kiss on the first date, so yeah, I'd say a kiss is a definite sign of interest.

I would definitely hold off on the rose on the window sill idea. No, no, no. If you want to do something romantic, offer to cook her dinner.

OK, Maybe a guy would do that because guys are idiots. But...

I cant imagine a girl holding your hand at the bar and giving you a long kiss goodnight just to be nice.

Now, I find it difficult to read signs at times but I think I see a green light here fellow.

Why dont you just take a stroll down to her work and say Hi!

I think that its too early to show up at her work. I think it would be romantic to pay attention to what she says and stuff she likes and do a small thing or gesture based on that rather than a generic gesture. For example, if you find out she loves to bowl - take her bowling. if she has a dog, bring something to the date like a dog biscuit from the dog bakery. I wouldn't come on too strong and fast too soon.

i kissed a guy one a date that i wasn't that into (he initiated it though) I kissed back. it was a second date, and i was on the fence. The kiss was meh, and a few days later (after deciding that time won't build up chemistry here) i called and told him i wasn't into him. I felt really bad, cause i think he thought that i like him because i didn't turn down the kisses. I really wanted to like him though, he was sweet, but it just wasn't there.

Archived