Feel like I lost a part of him that was always with me

FairyGodmother

My boyfriend gave me a beautiful charm bracelet for our 1 year 6 month anniversary. It had one charm on it, with two hearts intertwined. That was just before I left to a different country for a few months (where I am currently studying), and he said it was so our hearts would always be together.

I loved it so much, and look at it often when I am missing him. However, I looked down today and it was gone I am really upset right now! I looked all over my room, and I haven't found it. I also looked around on the ground outside while I was walking to a class, but didn't see it. I don't remember the last time I saw it, or where I was, and to be honest I've been alot of places on campus in the past few days.

I know it's just a charm and that it might be petty to be this upset, but it meant so much to me. I can't help it... I'm just really sad right now. I guess, at least, wherever it is our hearts are still together? *Sigh*

Awww. I understand. It's not the item, itself, but what it meant. I'm that way, too. Maybe it will turn up, but if not, try and focus on the fact that it was a symbol of your boyfriend's love - but losing it doesn't mean anything more than that you've lost the charm. You didn't lose him or his love for you.

Victoria - Oh no, that's awful! There are so many things of sentimental value that are easy to lose Maybe if I get an engagement ring with a rock bigger than the drain hole, I'll never lose it! I think that's the clear solution here

Heather - You're right. Thanks, I will try to remind myself that it's just a charm, and that we still have each other which is all that matters

Shooting Star - I honestly have no idea how much money it was worth as it was a gift, but I'm going to assume not much (since we're students). You're spot on about the emotional value, I don't think I've ever gotten that attached to anything just because it was expensive. It's always things that loved ones give me!

Archived