She stopped replying - online dating - no interest or waiting?

diddums

Hey everyone

I'll try keep this straight to the point haha, but at the start of this week I messaged a girl on a online dating site. She replied back to me in a very happy flirty manor. My message to her went down really well and everyday till Friday we have probably sent back and forth a message a day. I tried gauging her by even using her mentioning of playing bass guitar poorly to say I'd give her a lesson or 2 upon which she replied I'll defiantly take you up on that offer ;P. If I had no comfort or interest in someone I'm sure I wouldn't respond in that way.

We have plenty in common and shes exactly the kinda girl I go for, even her humour is the same so we arent short of a good few inside jokes already being thrown about.

I sent her a message Friday, shes been online a good few times over this weekend as I can see and I've not had a reply back. I think it may be partly my fault as I left my last message with almost no real question or reason for her to respond except a joke about us and general chit chat. *ye ino yawn, didnt think about it at the time*

I do kinda over-think things but I'm not sure if shes just now stopped for a reason or she is just waiting for me to send her another message and start another convo? I can tell when someone has little or no interest and this girl isnt one. So its kinda strange to me to have the sudden stop. Ino someone will say maybe shes just taking her time to reply, busy, etc etc which is possible but this girl comes a good 2-3 times online each day.

Ino the online dating world is a very nasty one where if the next thing comes along you get pushed aside pretty quick, I'm guilty of it myself and had it a few times so have no problem with moving on.

But this girl is the first to stand out to me in such a way. Just thought I'd ask on here first, but I do plan so far to message her again tomorrow. Just with something along the lines of "Hey! bla bla bla how was your weekend? You get up to much? *mention something I did with my weekend*." etc

Any thoughts or opinions I dont mind, how do you react to online dating convos etc?

Many thanks

Diddums

I do plan so far to message her again tomorrow. Just with something along the lines of "Hey! bla bla bla how was your weekend? You get up to much? *mention something I did with my weekend*." etc

Nothing wrong with that. It is possible to over-analyse and read too much into a short silence - maybe she has been meaning to reply to your message and not got around to it, or just forgotten, for example. And, that's quite excusable if you're in the relatively early stages of chat.

If she doesn't respond to a second message within a day or two, though, you might want to move on and not worry about her too much.

I do kinda over-think things but I'm not sure if shes just now stopped for a reason or she is just waiting for me to send her another message and start another convo?

In dating you can get hung up on WHY somebody acts a certain way, but it doesn't really matter. Bottom line is, ask her out, if she is interested she'll say yes. If she doesn't reply to your messages, does the reason really matter? What if you did some intensive detective work and found out that the reason she didn't reply was related to some childhood trauma or deep psychological issue? Or what if you found out she didn't reply because she just started going out with another guy and so she's not interested in dating anybody else right now? Either way - so what? Even if you knew the reason it wouldn't matter because the bottom line is if she wanted to go out with you she'd have returned your message and accepted the date.

Well I've left a message, just seeing how her weekend went and if she did anything. Asked her out as well in it. So now I see if she replies. If I get nothing well so be it move on next haha but if I get something well. Im sure I'll post back here of the outcome regardless

Archived