How do I heal when we have kids?

Right that's it - you have convinced me! I'm gonna start swimming again. I love love love swimming. I will lose weight easily with it and get to check out all the talent! The bonus of swimming is I get to see them practically naked before having to make any effort! (Get to see the whole package if you get my drift!!!)

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never heard of Ollie the Octopus?? Ya have now. That's how it tends to work, eh, LOL.

Swimming and trampolining are THE best exercises for toning and losing weight. Howzabout Aqua Aerobics (followed by your own leisurely swim) so that you can make some new friends (and likely divorced ones in your same situation with your same motivation, as well)?

Package? Never heard of it to be honest.

[halo]

xoxo

Never heard of Ollie the Octopus?? Ya have now. That's how it tends to work, eh, LOL.

Swimming and trampolining are THE best exercises for toning and losing weight. Howzabout Aqua Aerobics (followed by your own leisurely swim) so that you can make some new friends (and likely divorced ones in your same situation with your same motivation, as well)?

Package? Never heard of it to be honest.

[halo]

xoxo

Haha !

Hmm I like the aqua aerobics idea - the trampolining not so much! (3 kids doesn't do much for your pelvic floor)

My problem is transport. All the swimming pools in my area are a pain to get to if you can't drive. Where there's a will there's a way though. I might start going swimming with Jonathan again like I used to. He has to swim a lot because of his leg. Probably wouldn't help with meeting eligible men though!

Right that's it - you have convinced me! I'm gonna start swimming again. I love love love swimming. I will lose weight easily with it and get to check out all the talent! The bonus of swimming is I get to see them practically naked before having to make any effort! (Get to see the whole package if you get my drift!!!)

Madame's hope you don't mind me interjecting, but this last spat of posts has inspired me to dust of my armbands, dig out the faded red "budgie smugglers" (with ubiquitous skid marks) and head on down to da pool...

You'll find me down the "shallow" end

Sorry, too far? I'm sure there are plenty of chaps, and unfortunately I can on occasion be one of those ones you see traipsing around a supermarket on a Friday evening after work, looking for inspiration (usually in the pre made pizza section).

SSP you sound like I feel, the fear of not finding someone... I'm sure there are plenty of fish in the sea (pool) and hopefully one will be for you!

If only you lived nearer to me Fraggle!!

(Beware rampant woman on the loose!!) heheehe joking.

Nah I really need to start swimming again - it's good in so many ways - gets out any anger - pounding te water, it's refreshing. It's great exercise, and like I said I get to perv at the men without being arrested! Hooray! I might go tomorrow! Although I promised my sister I would help her to deliver leaflets! Bah! Also I have a stinking cold - boo hoo.

Had a nice Easter though. Went to mums for dinner - the crazy woman made beef, lamb AND gammon - she thinks she is running a Carvery I swear. Had a chilled afternoon playing monopoly and whist with my mum, sister and brother. Staying over at mum tonight. Like I say I am feeling ill - sore throat, nasty cough etc. if Chris and I were still together it would have been a different story. We would have still come to my mums for dinner but after going home we would have had a row because I would have said I was feeling ill (which I am) and he would have complained and we would have had cross words about who should do the kids bedtime routine. Instead I have had a lovely relaxing time. I can have a lie in tomorrow and hopefully be fresh and better for the kids on Tuesday and ready to go on hols weds and thurs. I do miss giving them a goodnight kiss and cuddle on the nights Chris has them but overall it is working out ok. Better than I thought it ever would.

Fingers crossed that most of the drama is done as it has been a roller coaster - I guess I still have a good few bumps to go - when the divorce comes through, when he gets a new partner etc. hey ho - will just ride it out. I have my magic feather

Haha !

Hmm I like the aqua aerobics idea - the trampolining not so much! (3 kids doesn't do much for your pelvic floor)

LOL. Then you can just COMBINE the trampolining with the swimming. (EW!)

My problem is transport. All the swimming pools in my area are a pain to get to if you can't drive. Where there's a will there's a way though. I might start going swimming with Jonathan again like I used to. He has to swim a lot because of his leg. Probably wouldn't help with meeting eligible men though!

What - demand a (cough!) bus ride, do they? ....BUS...RIDE?

BUS RIDE?

Didn't someone say something about public transport earlier this afternoon? Who was it? And what was it specifically in relation to? Cor... can't think.... it's all such a blur...

;-p

xoxo

Madame's hope you don't mind me interjecting, but this last spat of posts has inspired me to dust of my armbands, dig out the faded red "budgie smugglers" (with ubiquitous skid marks) and head on down to da pool...

You'll find me down the "shallow" end

Sorry, too far? I'm sure there are plenty of chaps, and unfortunately I can on occasion be one of those ones you see traipsing around a supermarket on a Friday evening after work, looking for inspiration (usually in the pre made pizza section).

Inspiration? Is THAT what they're calling it these days? ;-)

SSP you sound like I feel, the fear of not finding someone... I'm sure there are plenty of fish in the sea (pool) and hopefully one will be for you!

There are BLOODY THOUSANDS!!! It's IMPOSSIBLE that one or twelve won't be for either of you. And that figure is only within a smallish radius! If you go further afield, the number 'follows you around'. It's just a numbers game.

You can't fail. Literally can't. When, not If.

xoxo

If only you lived nearer to me Fraggle!!

(Beware rampant woman on the loose!!) heheehe joking.

(She's not, ya know...heh-heh-heh)

Nah I really need to start swimming again - it's good in so many ways - gets out any anger - pounding te water, it's refreshing. It's great exercise, and like I said I get to perv at the men without being arrested! Hooray! I might go tomorrow! Although I promised my sister I would help her to deliver leaflets! Bah! Also I have a stinking cold - boo hoo.

Delivering leaflets? What - door-to-door? DOOR....to DOOR? Like... PEOPLE'S doors??? [wiggles eyebrows]

(PS: Davs and I have got your cold, as well. .....We knew we shouldn't have snogged you.)

Had a nice Easter though. Went to mums for dinner - the crazy woman made beef, lamb AND gammon - she thinks she is running a Carvery I swear. Had a chilled afternoon playing monopoly and whist with my mum, sister and brother. Staying over at mum tonight. Like I say I am feeling ill - sore throat, nasty cough etc. if Chris and I were still together it would have been a different story. We would have still come to my mums for dinner but after going home we would have had a row because I would have said I was feeling ill (which I am) and he would have complained and we would have had cross words about who should do the kids bedtime routine.

Kkkkkkkkkkgh! (spit)

Instead I have had a lovely relaxing time. I can have a lie in tomorrow and hopefully be fresh and better for the kids on Tuesday and ready to go on hols weds and thurs. I do miss giving them a goodnight kiss and cuddle on the nights Chris has them but overall it is working out ok. Better than I thought it ever would.

Fingers crossed that most of the drama is done as it has been a roller coaster - I guess I still have a good few bumps to go - when the divorce comes through, when he gets a new partner etc. hey ho - will just ride it out. I have my magic feather

Er.................... [me saying nuffink].

xoxo

Er.................... [me saying nuffink].

xoxo

Hey that's against the rules!

I know - it is wishful thinking! I just want a quiet life. Well, actually, that's rubbish. I want a wild and exciting life with the man of my dreams!

Oh, Chris called me up last night drunk. He said he wants us to be 'friends with benefits' I said ok. It's better than nothing right?

Omg! Sarah, I've checked in periodically, to catch up on how you're doing(which is great by the way). Please, please, PLEASE, do NOT get into a fwb with your ex. You are better then that Hun! Your ex just wants his cake and to eat it too. A way for him to perhaps slink his way back into your bed and heart! Fwbs with you ex is never, never a good idea..check these forums.

The fact that your ex thinks so little of you to not even make this request of you while sober speaks volumes dear. I'd almost encourage a ONS before going back to your rx....never go backwards.

Omg! Sarah, I've checked in periodically, to catch up on how you're doing(which is great by the way). Please, please, PLEASE, do NOT get into a fwb with your ex. You are better then that Hun! Your ex just wants his cake and to eat it too. A way for him to perhaps slink his way back intol your bed and heart! Fwbs with you ex is never, never a good idea..check these forums.

The fact that your ex thinks so little of you to not even make this request of you while sober speaks volumes dear. I'd almost encourage a ONS before going back to your rx....never go backwards.

Omg I'm so sorry - this was just an April fool for Natters' benefit! Thank you for caring!! Don't worry - if he ever DID

Suggest such an arrangement I would laugh in his face!

I was just being naughty for April fools day - sorry!

Nice to know you have been following the thread though - hope I haven't scared you away! Thanks for the support it means a lot to me

Lololololol! Too funny! Sorry for the spoiler! I forgot that fast about April fools! that was a GOOD one! But this just proves my point even more..you seem like a fantastic woman, mom, sis, and friend, with a great sense of humor despite everything. I can't wait to read your posts once you've made it to the other side.

Hey that's against the rules!

I know - it is wishful thinking! I just want a quiet life. Well, actually, that's rubbish. I want a wild and exciting life with the man of my dreams!

Oh, Chris called me up last night drunk. He said he wants us to be 'friends with benefits' I said ok. It's better than nothing right?

As they say, there's a bit of truth in every joke! Life can be exciting, independent of being with someone! It's just a state of mind - what you want is an awesome partner that will enhance your life, not one that brings down your life. I think you can't put that responsibility simply on one person - you need good friends on the side too! I think you should get a dip into your lost 20s - get your a little bit of wildness out!

As they say, there's a bit of truth in every joke! Life can be exciting, independent of being with someone! It's just a state of mind - what you want is an awesome partner that will enhance your life, not one that brings down your life. I think you can't put that responsibility simply on one person - you need good friends on the side too! I think you should get a dip into your lost 20s - get your a little bit of wildness out!

I absolutely agree Nook!

Grr I don't know why everything he says pees me off!

Just had the following text message exchange:

Me: Have you found out about tomorrow?

C: I have just had a message from Amanda. Ah has declined me as its the day after a bank hol. Will drop them to ur mum and dad if that's ok. Chris.

Me: Ok 10am?

C: Yep 10 am Hope ur having a nice chill out time. All in Weymouth having fun with cousins

Me: In future please tell me if you are taking them far away - just like you asked me to tell you, ok?

C: That's why I let u know where they are

That's all nothing major but it peed me off. I just think stupid smug git. Quit with the smiley faces I am not your friend! And all this "hope you are having a nice chill out time" like you give a $h!t. Lol he can't win. It annoys me when he is horrible and it annoys me when he is friendly!

A woman that absolutely agrees with what I say - there's something new for a change!

And come on Sarah, don't get so pissed off - just keep the icy-cold facade and that will stop pretty damn soon. Oh, and try to avoid have him touching you with his right hand. Who knows how much wanking your ex has been doing lately!

Archived