QUESTION:WHO IS SUPPOSED TO PAY ON A DATE?

DBL how 'bout two Happy Meals to go? It comes with a toy... can't beat that on a budget.

You made a good point about a girl being with you for the money or what she can get out of you. I always let my date choose where we are going to eat and I order in the same price range---it's just common courtesy. I'm there for the company not to break someone's bank account.

If we pay close attention to these kind of details from the start we may avoid certain situations later on.

i would always pay unless the girl wants to pay, i appriciate it when a girl is polite.

i went on a first date the other day. we went shopping cos it was my mums birthday soon and she helped me pick out a present for my mum. i didnt have much money left after buying my mums present so i bought us chips from a fish 'n' chips place. i dont know if you have it like we do in the UK but its basically chips wraped up in paper. it was great just walking around in the park eating chips and it wasn't expensive. but the thing is we had a great time.

PINEAPPLEGIRL if she had asked me out i would still offer to pay but wouldnt argue if she wanted to.

Thats what i'd hope a girl to be like

Its difficult. As a guy u feel like paying, but then if your a bit strapped for cash its a bit difficult, or u feel its a bit harsh if your paying for it all. Then theres the problem about asking for help, cause u feel rude, but then if u don't ask for help then the girl could feel embarrassed that your paying for it all. To be honest you need the girl to ask if u want help? and take it from there.

When I was out with my ex, we would do 2 for 1. i.e. I bought 2 rounds, then she bought 1. And for dinner i paid 2/3rds and she paid for a 3rd. For the taxi it was 50/50. thereforeeee I was paying out more on each date, but she still paid about a 3rd, that seems fair enough to me. That way I didn't feel used or made poor and she felt happy she was contributing.

i went on a dinner date last night, first date with this woman. at the end, when the waitress asked if there should be separate additions, we both looked at each other and smiled, and before i could say anything she said separate. it was really cool because it was obvious she was there to be with me, not cause i would pay her way.

I like to feel special when a guy is taking me out. I guess its a lil old fashioned, but i like getting flowers etc. I never really expect a guy to pay, but I appreciate that he does. I usually just play it be ear. But I like being taken out, not cuz of the money thing, but becuz it make me feel like he really wants to be with me.

I've only asked a couple of guys out, and ya, I offered to pay since it was my idea to go out. but, they were gentlemen, and ended up paying. one time we went to dinner and the movies and he paid for dinner and i paid for the movies.

Well I think so long as neither side feels used......... either is ok... The old Rodney Dangerfield joke was that after the 3rd ot 4th date him and his wife started going Butch and he laugh roared in... she got tired of tpaying for it all......

Seriously though, i think so long as the two of you are happy when you are together.. who gives a rat's behind who pays... someone will pay the bill....

If it were me though, i'd be paying....... still think a guy should carry most of the load in that area...... and i'm sure i'll be screamedat for that one

Further to my last post....I went on a FANTASTIC first date Saturday night, and in the end, we ended up splitting the bill about 65/35. The night had gone better than either of us expected so it ended up being a bit more costly!

I was totally cool with that, as I am really really hoping for a Date #2 in the near future!!!!

Guy should usually pay. Sorry. It's a chivalry thing that makes me feel special. Same with opening doors and handing over the jacket.

Of course I'd always offer to pay, but I'd expect the guy to pay most times (not every single time). I'm no anti-feminist or anything. I just think it really shows that he's a prince if he does pay. And we all deserve a prince.

i personally don't feel right letting the lady pay, be it at a resturant, theatre, or what have you. usually i tell the waiter before hand to slip the bill to my side so my date doesn't see it. this is because once at a resturant the bill came up around $380 and my date started panicking and afterwards made a scene out of it. paying for my date doesn't bother me at all. i believe that we shouldn't let money stop us from enjoying and having a good time.

i believe that we shouldn't let money stop us from enjoying and having a good time

true. mostly it come naturally, to let the guy pay. but not always. ladies should also take part of it. especially if their dates havent work yet.

whoever pay, dont think too much about it, just have fun!