Ex is now having people contact me

She gave out my number to a girl I DESPISE (because I caught them flirting numerous times, they were having a very indepth emotional affair). The girl and I have never spoken to each other, ever. They were basically just Facebook friends who met at school, then they were very emotionally involved. My ex hid her for a long time until I saw a very inappropriate conversation between them. I am SO MAD that my ex thought it was okay to give this chick my number so she could contact me to give me Doctor recommendations. Not even just because she gave it to a complete stranger, but also to someone I had such a problem with. My ex told me multiple times she would never delete this chick out of her life because she meant so much to her and that I had to just deal with it, so obviously I don't like her. Why would I want to be hearing from her now?!

Like, how freaking inappropriate is that to give out my number! I don't need her advice. Her way of dealing with this condition is smoking pot. That's not even an official way to deal with hydrocephalus. I'm going to a Medical College for treatment. A group of Doctors looked over my case and placed me with a Physician who could handle it best. My ex knows this cuz I updated her on it when she kept asking what was up the last time she kept contacting me. I only updated her cuz I thought she heard about my condition through the grapevine, but it turned out she had no clue. Anyway, this is a renowned hospital and is just about the best in the region. I don't need freaking advice. I'm in the best hands I could ever possibly be in, and my ex knows this. So there's no excuse for trying to have someone help me.

I'm so mad right now, I don't even know how to respond. I wish my ex would realize that the best thing for my health is for her to leave me the heck alone. I don't need her goofy friends giving me their stoner advice. Yeah, I'm just gonna ignore the growing fluid and pressure in my head and smoke pot to make it "better". Physiologically, that does nothing for this condition, yet the ex tried to throw that advice at me weeks ago when she kept contacting me. "Oh, (the girl) just uses pot to treat hers!" That does nothing for it!

I got my cell number changed, but now this all happened on my home phone. I'm honestly wondering if there's a way to use having a third party contact me as basis for a restraining order against my ex. I'm pissed off. Since the last time she was harassing me, I hit rock bottom but have slowly been working my way back up. I appreciate the concern and understand that after a 3 year relationship, anyone would be worried and would want to help an ex. But to give out my information like that?! Are you kidding me? Especially to someone who came before me and who you emotionally cheated on me with. Some people are just so stupid.

What would happen if you just didn't reply at all? Let her be awkward, to say the least, and keep moving on.

I also think you can see the pattern that the dumper is still there where she was at the end of the RS (and quite ignorant), whereas you are making progress, despite the setbacks you - as we all - experience in between.

Can you call up your phone company to get them to block the number. It is not fair for you to be receiving these calls/texts and then you change your number. Do you reply to these calls/texts because if you do then you need to stop because this will only encourage her to contact you more. If harrasment has been a problem before then make sure you are keeping a log of all the calls and texts so you can use this if you wish to get a restraining order.

There is a simple solution which I think should work for you stop responding them and just ignore ,how long they are going to contact you if you just give a dam it will make her disappointed and she will never succeed in whatever she is trying to do.Plus you should be strong enough to handle this situation because here everything depdnds upon you and kindly don't freak out.

Be blessed..

The third party thing likely won't do any good towards a restraining order... you could take one out against both of them, but they could still get people to contact you. Obviously part of a restraining order means that they can't get others to do that, but they still find ways around it. I have one out against my ex, he's still sent me letters from other people, and there wasn't anything I could do because he didn't put his name, send it from his address, or anything. I just knew it was him.

I don't think the law really takes restraining orders seriously unless it comes to physical interaction, and then they step in. This is just based on my personal experience, though.

She doesn't need to give our your number. I understand not wanting to get a home number changed, too. Your phone company should block calls for free, or charge a one time fee to do it. That's how mine is.

You could also have something put on your home phone that stops those "private" calls from coming through. I have this on mine because I like knowing who's calling.

It's rude to give out numbers... hope you can get this solved, though.

It was just such a slap in the face. Having a girl I do not like at all call me as if it's no big deal. I did respond today when she called. I let her know I'm fine, that it's taken care of. She went on a tangent about how stubborn I am, how I'm being rude and she's just trying to help. I told her that getting weird texts and calls from a stranger who knows about your medical history is super freaking creepy. I let her know that harassment has been an issue with my ex (she had no idea) and I told her I'd really appreciate it if she'd leave me alone from now on, and that I took offense to her speaking on my character when she doesn't know me at all. She felt dumb and apologized up and down and promised she'd stay out of it from now on. She also tried to ask if we could be friends since she's starting to see how my ex is. I said no and then ended the conversation. I wasn't rude during the conversation at all, but I'm still very mad.

Am I just too prudent, or does this just seem kinda socially retarded? I don't understand how anyone would think this is appropriate, from both ends. I would never contact a friend's ex, whether or not I actually knew them, and she doesn't know me at all. And I would never give out my ex's number to someone she was jealous of (and she was jealous of every single friend I had cuz she had major trust issues).

It's my parents' account and we have a VoIP line from our cable company. I used to work for them and I know they don't change numbers for free. They do have an option to block up to 10 numbers, but there's a fee. And I feel like she'll just find new numbers to call me from if I do that. I'm gonna talk to a few friends of mine in customer service to see if anything can be worked out though.

Ugh, I'm just mad. To casually do something like this makes me feel like crap. I'm so glad she's moving right along blissfully, but I'm not so clearly it would upset me to hear from this chick.

Archived