15 months and he still hasnt said" I love you" back. Thoughts?

tygerwolf

My boyfriend doesn't say it hardly ever but his actions show his love. Everyone on ENA tells me that as long as his actions show love, then I shouldn't worry so much about the words. They advise that I get the book "The 5 love languages" so I ordered it. I guess some people just have a hard time saying those words but just because they don't say them doesn't mean they don't feel it.

My boyfriend doesn't say it hardly ever but his actions show his love. Everyone on ENA tells me that as long as his actions show love, then I shouldn't worry so much about the words. They advise that I get the book "The 5 love languages" so I ordered it. I guess some people just have a hard time saying those words but just because they don't say them doesn't mean they don't feel it.

Good point, however, if your boyfriend talks about your joint future and makes concrete plans towards that future, then I understand why you'd choose to overlook his lack of verbal endorsement. That could just be his style.

However, it is a very different kettle of fish if he is vague or inconsistent about your joint future - and also refuses to say "I love you"

In those cases, there is a problem that needs to be addressed.

Deci

Archived