I am going through a really bad break up. My b/f and I have been broken up for one week now and I am having a hard time moving on. He never gave me a reason. He does have an alcohol problem and that caused most of our fights but I stuck by his side through all of it. I took him to classes, lawyers for his drivers license he lost, hard times. I don't deserve what he's doing right now. He's telling all my friends and his family that he doesn't want to have anything to do with me anymore. The last time I talked to him he said never to call him again and that I should get over him now. Why is he doing this. I am so confused. I never did anything to him. We've been together for almost 4 years and he tells me he doesn't want to see me anymore. How can someone lose love so fast? Does anyone have any advice

I think you need to look at this as a positive. You don't have to do all that maintainence in the next relationship if you move on and realize that he was at fault. If he wants to act like a 3 year old and tell on you, let him. You just go on and live your life and be yourself. Don't let people's oppinions make that big of a dent in your self worth.

Think positively and it will all work out.

Private message me if you need further clarification.

Hi foolich,

I am sorry to here what happened to you. I understand that you're feeling really upset for what has happened. Four years is a long time indeed. You should have deserved at least some sort of explanation from him.

The truth is, though, that some people can just be very mean when they break up. They leave the other being in the dark and puzzled. I know how hard it is. I send you my warmest regards from The Netherlands, Europe and lots of strength with that. Sisterlynch said it well: "Think positive!" You have gone through a difficult time with this guy by standing by his side. You have helped him. That means YOU are GOOD!

I wish you good luck in your healing process. Don't worry too much!

~ SwingFox ~

You sound like such a caring person. You deserve someone to appreciate this. Why do you need him? Look at it this way, you stood by him thru all the hard times. He is the loser in the situation- not you. He is losing a supportive, thoughtful, loyal girlfriend. You will only do better for yourself. If he says he doesnt care, f**k him.