He's flirting, but I am not sure...

GirlontheLam

I've got a good one for you guys. So a few weeks ago I switched offices. New location has security guards. And I noticed one of the security guards checking me out when I went in. He's attractive, but but seems a bit more brawn than brains. I tend to go for the smart nerdy guy (typically the snarky or the social butterfly nerd.)

I am a friendly type in general, he introduced himself and I went on my merry way. I don't go into the office daily, so it isn't like I run into him all that often. He says "hi" tries to engage in conversation and so on. He seems ultra aware if I walk by.

Last week I was preoccupied with a phone call on my way in and he comments "hey you can't sneak by with out saying hi!" I wave because of couse I was on the phone. Later I did stop and chat a bit. Nice guy, seems to be chivalrous (which is like 8000 bonus points in my book). But like I said he leads with the brawn. He is super buff and of course managed to fit in a few extra bicep flexes during our conversation, pulled up his sleeves to show off his arms. LOL.

Well today was an office day for me. He seems like a "chatty" guy. And I am normaly chatty/bubbly so it can come off as flirty too. We have more small talk, talk about random topics and chat for a few minutes.

Then it is at the point where OK we need to you know "start working" and the conversation ends. Before I head up the elevator to go to the office, he walks over from behind the desk, squeezes my hand and is like "see you later." Random! Looks like he is upping the ante.

What do you guys think? He's attractive, easy to talk to, but doesn't really fit my typical MO.

well, what are you looking for right now?

He could really surprise you! I mean, he is definitely flirting! He may be more brawny, but he may really have other qualities you like!

My ex bf was *not* my type. He wasn't athletic, was super nerdy, but cute. We had fun while we dated (1 year) My current bf is more what I typically have went for. Super ripped, very athletic, handsome/masculine. No, he didn't go to university (which is normally something I stay away from) but he is very smart and savvy. A good business mind, opinionated, and so *extremely* thoughtful. So while he didn't go to Uni (one of the things on my "checkmarked list") I started to see his smarts from his business sense, quick wit, and thoughtful opinions.

In other words, this guy might be nerdy! (but nerdy about... supplements! not books) or... what have you. keep me updated on your new, fun, love adventure

Wow, judgemental much? I think you should let him down as nicely as you can and the sooner the better. it will save him getting hurt in the long run.

I think you are misreading here. I don't think buff = stupid. But in this case, like I said, he is leading with brawn (i.e. he has his uniform sleeved rolled up to show off his biceps hehe! And made several excuses to show them to me. In fact in every conversation I have had with him). But we have had perfectly pleasant conversations about some soft (family, weather, moving accross country) topics. I like to have a few good conversations with people before I decide about them!

But this guy was definitely more of the "hot guy type" and I tend to go for the "cute geeky type."

Worth getting to know him better, unless you already find him lacking in something you definitely want. And by that I mean for sure lacking, 'cause people have a way of surprising you. Even some of my friends seem kind of less-intelligent on some days and more-intelligent on others.

I always see people surprising themselves by ending up with someone they totally did not expect to. They all say it's crazy how they're together because they're not their type at all but hey, what works works. So who knows, keep talking to this guy since he's managed to get you thinking about him as well.

Well done.

I think the guy is really interested in you. Though tt's weird that he hadn't proposed you a date yet, perhaps he's a bit impressed

Who knows! He is not the shy type for sure. Maybe he is plotting his next move. Or wants to make sure he is reading the situation properly. He is full of compliments, asks lots of questions, and keeps sharing personal details with me.

Archived