Is eating on a date a good idea?

cadmiumblue

Yeah, see, I keep getting people telling me this isn't possible, that friends don't fall in love with each other. *sigh*

I also tried to make a relationship out of a friendship and it didn't end well.

It's something that can happen naturally if two people are right for each other (not all opposite sex friends could date, maybe incompatible or bad chemistry) but there needs to be opportunity too, and people need it to be open for it to happen. If you're trying to make guys that you want to date into friends prior to dating...it's going to fail. Friendship really doesn't work that well when you're wanting something more. Both people need to be genuine in their desire for friendship. If something else develops, great. But if not, you'll still have a good friend once you can get over those feelings (if you can) and move on. If you're using friendship only as a conduit to dating, you're going to be disappointed.

I mean, if you're wanting to date though, you're going to have to meet guys in one of two ways: a) Meet and develop friendships with males naturally, and see if something more develops with a friend that you feel comfortable and compatible with...or b) Meet guys within the pretext of dating and go on dates with them. Some will be awkward but you got to get to know them somehow. That's really all you can do.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I already told you why dating is necessary; it's because most people aren't in forced contact often enough to know each other well enough to decide if they want a relationship together. Unless you have a lot of friends, I wouldn't stake my happiness on it turning out that way.

Well, thank you very much.

Archived