how long to recover?

Hi,

My ex broke up with me 10 months ago and I still feel down most of the time,but doing a lot better since then; is it normal to still feel this way after all these months.is anyone else still feel this way after months or years?Thanks for any reply!!!

Depends.

If it was a long term relationship and/or you and your ex have been in contact since the breakup, then it is still perfectly natural for you to still be healing.

My theory (lifted from someone on this board) is that it takes half as long as the timespan of the relationship to get over someone. (very generally speaking). By that theory I have one month to go, and that sounds about right for me. Of course, everyone's circumstances are different.

But keep in mind that even the slightest bit of contact means a setback, and those setbacks only prolong the healing process. I don't know your situation so I don't know if any of this applies to you.

good luck.

Shoot pineapplegirl, I boiled a bunny last night haha! j/k.

It was just a hamster.

No but seriously lnxfrkk, I feel the same way you do. Its been 10 months for me too, and I still feel a bit depressed sometimes. But actually, I think it has a lot to do with other things going on in my life too, other than the ex (e.g., too much work, not enough play). I think when our life is generally at a low point, it takes a while for us to slowly get ourselves back up the hill - little steps man - and patience - that's what we need.

Faith.

Kung fu