Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

family getaway ideas for christmas?

TalkThatTalk9

I live in illinois, and I am trying to come up with a good idea for christmas this year. something my mom, me and my brother and possibly his girlfriend can do.

I want a getaway of some sorts. I know the wisconsin dells are close to us but I am not sure if they are open christmas time

I want something fun, where we can relax and not spend too much money but I realize I will need to spend money

any ideas? I'm open to anything that requires staying in the united states hah

guess we could always escape to a fancy hotel lol lame but ?? who knowS!

Rarely can I afford to escape at all, so I enjoy the hell out of running away to a nice hotel for a few days. Not lame!

There's a Kalahari Resorts(indoor water park + resort) in the Dells and Sandusky(ohio) if you like indoor waterparks, Timber Ridge in Lake Geneva, Key Lime Cove In Gurnee(il). I like them all, lol.

I don't know how close you are to Chicago, if you live in it or what and would rather get away from it, but there's some really awesome "fancy" hotels downtown/skirting suburbs. Then you have access to some great nightlife should you want to...And good pizza...

Look into some bed and breakfasts. Some(although not too many) will have an indoor pool, plus I find b&bs to be so cozy and relaxing.

I went to one called Scottish B&B in Indiana(Bremen, Amish country) in the spring(I rented it out with my fam), not sure if there's as much to do in the winter. They had an indoor pool area that also had a pool table, a loungey area with all kinds of board games(ya, I'm lame), and it's so quiet you wouldn't believe it. They had earplugs next to the bed and I had to ask what in the world they were for. Apparently, there's a train way in the distance that bothers people. I could barely hear it!

Archived