I'm posting this in here because I have no intention of getting back together with my ex, at this point in time.

Bit of background:

So me and my ex have been broken up for about 6 weeks now and it was a pretty mutual one. However, she initiated it. We were together for just over a year and she lived with me for about 6 months. We were fighting a lot and I knew we weren't right for each other. Not very long after we broke up and she moved out, she started seeing this other guy (she was already friends with him prior) - nevertheless seemed pretty reboundish to me. It hurt but I worked on myself and didn't dwell on it for long. I told her a few weeks ago that we both should move on and that I didn't want to be friends right now. She said OK and told me she would get the rest of her stuff from my place and return her key. I haven't seen her for a few weeks since and she hasn't come to pick up her stuff, or return the key either. She has been texting me a bit in the meantime but only regarding some of her belongings at my place, nothing relating to the relationship. As an aside, I have also been hanging out with this other girl recently and things have been going very well.

So now on the weekend just been (I was away interstate), I get a text from her at about 1:30 AM. It just read "awake?" - I ignored it and didn't reply...

The next night (Sat) she calls me at an unearthly hour (I had just got home from a party, pretty drunk) and so I picked up to find out what she wanted. She first said she couldn't sleep and just wanted to talk to me. We talked for almost half an hour (I think) and I asked her if she was seeing anyone else and she yes and then I asked her if she was happy but she said no. She asked me if I was seeing anyone else and I said no. I think I recalled her saying she missed me and wished things worked out. She also said while we were together it felt like I didn't want to be with her etc. (been over this before w/her) but if I changed then things would work out. She said she missed the way "I used to make her laugh" etc. Basically the whole tone of conversation sounded to me like she wanted to reconcile. She asked me to come past her work the next day, since I was going to be coming through the airport (she works at the airport). When I got there she seemed really pleased that I stopped past to see her and I told her I've been doing great and she told me I've lost weight and look good etc and touched me on the chest lol. When I was leaving, she said that we should go for a ride (we both have motorbikes) again soon too.

Just wondering about other opinions on this? I'm just not sure why she is telling me all this now, while she is seeing someone else.

She might be comparing your relationship to her new one wnd the new one doesnt match up to how good the relationship was with you and how you made her feel? (just my view)

I wouldn't go out with her anywhere whilst she is still in a relationship. How would you feel if you was her current boyfriend even thought it is innocent, it is still going behind his back. You say you have no intentiom of getting back with her however there is a slight sign that she may want to work things out with you, of you really dont want to get back with her then decline her offer and just stay friends for now,

Well you still had part of the fun activities and even a certain temperament when she was with you. The other guy has other qualities, but she can't be satisfied just getting half of the best. She wants everything (half from one and half from another). It's not you she's missing, it's what you both were doing and having in between.

She is setting you up as a rebound...from her rebound.

Nothing has changed -- except she isn't as happy as she thought she would be. You will be doing the same relationship, version 2. To be followed by another break up.

Stay healthy, stay sane -- stay single...until you meet the right girl. This one is not her.

She might be comparing your relationship to her new one wnd the new one doesnt match up to how good the relationship was with you and how you made her feel? (just my view)

I wouldn't go out with her anywhere whilst she is still in a relationship. How would you feel if you was her current boyfriend even thought it is innocent, it is still going behind his back. You say you have no intentiom of getting back with her however there is a slight sign that she may want to work things out with you, of you really dont want to get back with her then decline her offer and just stay friends for now,

You're right, I think she is too. I'm not going out with her and I haven't been initiating any contact with her, not because I want to get back together/get her attracted again, but just so I can work on myself and meet other people etc.

Well you still had part of the fun activities and even a certain temperament when she was with you. The other guy has other qualities, but she can't be satisfied just getting half of the best. She wants everything (half from one and half from another). It's not you she's missing, it's what you both were doing and having in between.

Agreed. I never really thought of it that way, but it makes sense. I just want her to be happy, but she tells me she isn't. She obviously can't have everything either, it doesn't work like that. I know this other guy, and it seems like he has been avoiding me too (in a motorbike group).

She is setting you up as a rebound...from her rebound.

Nothing has changed -- except she isn't as happy as she thought she would be. You will be doing the same relationship, version 2. To be followed by another break up.

Stay healthy, stay sane -- stay single...until you meet the right girl. This one is not her.

You might be right. I don't know why girls always have to rebound around the place. I actually broke up with her last year when we were in a LDR as I couldn't handle it. She begged for me back a day later and I gave in...

I'm happy where I am now, and I think she can see that. You're right she isn't the right one for me.

Archived