A letter to a Love that may never be...

shoong

I have typed up this letter to a girl today, I believe it speaks for itself...

2 questions: 1) Am I doing the right thing 2) What reaction might I get?

Thanks.

This note to you maybe completely irrelevant by now. I may have already told you. If I did, I can assure you that it is the hardest thing I've ever done.

I've never had to explain my feelings to anyone before, I've never had to. Because I've never felt like this before about anyone before.

Have you ever been so in love with someone it hurts? Maybe you have, but the chances are you have been able to be with them. I can't see how any man would turn you down. To me you are kind, generous & caring. You are also the most beautiful women I have ever seen. I have had to watch from afar as you have a relationship with a good friend of mine for 4 years. I also then had to watch you move far away after that came to an end. You'll always love him though won't you?

I find it hard to believe he could have ever loved you as much as I do. I cannot imagine loving anyone else on the planet as long as you exist in my life. This is why I have had to make a very hard decision. I think that we should not keep in contact anymore.

I'm sorry I'm not very good looking. Unfortunately I was born like this.

I'm sorry I'm not tall. It's in your nature to find taller men more attractive. Being 5'8 does not endear you to me I guess.

I'm sorry I'm not loaded. I'm not saying your current boyfriend is, but I'm sure he has more wealth than I & will earn more in the future. You deserve someone who can provide for you, I think I could but by not the same volume.

You have seen the bad side of me, but I also feel that you bring out the best in me. I would dearly love to dedicate everything I am to you, forever. I would gladly do it.

It might sound a bit sad but I guess what I'm really trying to do is apologise for not being a better man. Perhaps if I were, then you might find it within yourself to give me a chance. I try really hard to be a good man, I set my standards to those which I think you would approve of. However, I am still alone, I don't have you & I still hurt to the point of physical pain when I think about you.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for being my friend. I realise it cannot have always been easy as I can act, & have in the past, like a bloody idiot.

Maybe I will always be alone. I don't want that. This is a long shot but I've thought about it a lot. Perhaps if we abstain from keeping in contact I can get over this. I can't see myself ever forgetting you, but the pain might subside I may be lucky enough to meet someone who will let me be part of their life. I know now that I won't be a part of yours, I don't blame you.

I hope you can understand what I'm trying to get accross, although words will always be inadequate really, especially when it comes to my feelings for you.

I genuinely wish you all the best for the future. You deserve a man who will love you, take care of you & make you feel wanted. I'm sorry that man is not me.

Forever,

i think your letter needs some work. Writing letters arent a bad idea but in your letter your sending the msg "Im a wounded animal with no confidence and strength, help!".

That letter's not gonna work, i think you should revise it.

try writing something funny so shes not freaked out. write something like

"I know that looks are very important when it comes to dating, but I don't want you to feel that my good looks are the only upside of me."

Write her something funny man, you have to make her think "Oh maybe I don't really know him as well as I thought I did" instead of "Ok......... right"

antzca2000, thanks for your words of advice but the letter does state:

'm sorry I'm not very good looking. Unfortunately I was born like this.

I was trying to convey that I am not good looking & that she will always meet better looking men.

shoong

Antz is right. That's fine for a farewell letter; but, if you're trying to attract her, then you need to show some confidence. You don't tell a girl you want to date that you're sorry you're ugly. (I know those weren't your exact words, but that's what you're conveying.)

A little self-confidence is a wonderful thing. If you don't like yourself, she won't like you either.

ya you know i just read it again... and my feeling is this.... that letter of yours is social suicide. Don't give it to her whatever you do unless your moving away. If she's a nice girl nothing will happen, but chances are her friends are gonna read it, and guess what? In less then 2 days you'll have the school making fun of you.