quick question

ketaro

Mixed feelings, in my opinion, means that she's not fully attracted to you and she wants to see her options before committing to you. Red flag, stop now, don't move forward, turn around. My feelings, at least.

This could mean many things

- there is another guy in the picture

- she isn't sure how she feels about you

- she's going through a personal situation and she doesn't feel comfortable dating (maybe a recent breakup?)

- she just isn't interested in you

or a million other things.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll disagree on the backing out, at least right off. You either need to step up your efforts to win her over, try for the old sweeping her off her feet. If you see her as a long term interest you owe it to yourself to try to win her over. Make it clear that you are the best choice.

I'll disagree on the backing out, at least right off. You either need to step up your efforts to win her over, try for the old sweeping her off her feet. If you see her as a long term interest you owe it to yourself to try to win her over. Make it clear that you are the best choice.

The guy she has feelings for works with her, so the root of her confusion will always be there regardless of what i do. I can cut my losses and move on at this point, i am just wondering if it would be wise to just ignored her and disappear which means stop being friends lol. Any advice?

In my opinion mixed feelings doesn't always mean there is someone else in the picture, sometimes it just means after having weighed the pros and cons, the cons win. But then there is the issue of the heart saying but it feels right and I want it! That's what mixed feelings are for me. Sometimes it could mean, there is someone else, and the pros win on their list but she is still uncertain about who would be the better guy bcoz often emotion overrides logic.

The guy she has feelings for works with her, so the root of her confusion will always be there regardless of what i do. I can cut my losses and move on at this point, i am just wondering if it would be wise to just ignored her and disappear which means stop being friends lol. Any advice?

Well you laid out your two options try and win her, with the other guy floating about, or cut her out of your life completely. If you really want to date her there will always be the potential for "the other Guy" at work or anywhere else, can you handle that? I think just cutting and running is where you are leaning, I have to ask why (beyond the emotional turmoil)?

Shouldn't she be stepping up her efforts and trying to win him over also? Hard to do that when you have mixed feelings or if there's someone else in the wings.

Well you laid out your two options try and win her, with the other guy floating about, or cut her out of your life completely. If you really want to date her there will always be the potential for "the other Guy" at work or anywhere else, can you handle that? I think just cutting and running is where you are leaning, I have to ask why (beyond the emotional turmoil)?

Everything was fine between us, it all started going downhill ever since she developed feelings for her workmate. So, i feel that i would be wasting my time trying to get her attention back if she easily lost it when this dude came into the picture.

Everything was fine between us, it all started going downhill ever since she developed feelings for her workmate. So, i feel that i would be wasting my time trying to get her attention back if she easily lost it when this dude came into the picture.

AH well that does make the story a bit different, I retract my previous comments. Better to leave well enough alone in this light.

Archived