I need some advice

I feel totally depressed these days. reason being i shifted to a new university and its been more than a month i don't have a single friend to rely on. I don't even have a job rite now and its very hard to pass time out here. I don't have a girlfriend either. I am a very fun loving person but can't do anything alone.I . I feel lonely and depressed all the time and feel like running away. Please help!!

you shifted to a new university? have you done any effort in making new friends?hy not stroll around your campus and check out what students do there, where they love to hang out and probably you'll meet at least someone who would want to keep you company.it's really hard to establish sincere friendship in that short span of time, but casual acquaintances could be! also, have a new hobby or at least something to do like playing games or reading so you can have something to do during idle hours. lastly you can always visit this site ang give advices to people... meet new friends! i'm willing to be one! send me a pm so i'll get to know you more! ope to hear from you soon huh!

Hi rajinams! Welcome!

Most universities have a multitude of clubs and co-cirricular activities that you can participate in. I suggest you find a club or event that really interests you and go to it. Chances are you'll meet some great people to hang out with (hey maybe one of them will have the scoop on where you can get a job!) and you won't feel so lonely. Remember that university is not just about academics. I don't know who said it, but I love this quote: "Don't let school get in the way of your education"... er it's something like that. Good luck!