I've been interested in this girl since Freshman Year (it's early sophomore year for me now). And she's in my grade. I couldn't get up the balls to talk to her all of last year but this past week i found her alone when i was walking to a class and said hi, walked past...and then finally, thank God, i turned around and asked her if she wanted to have lunch sometime. She said 'yes' and smiled, and we set the time for wednesday at 1:00.

Turns out she forgot completely

I was prepared to accept a 'just friends' if we could have a real talk about it, but it seems to me that forgetting is worse than being not liked 'in that way'.

Anyway, she wanted to reschedule for Friday, so i accepted. I just want to know what this might mean. She really doesn't know me that well, so could i still have a chance of getting into a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship if she ends up liking what she sees Friday? Or is she just playing me, and trying to not be mean.

i think it's truly possible that she really did just forget. if she was trying to blow you off she wouldn't have bothered setting an actual time to meet. she would have hummed and hawed and made completely transparent excuses

as for the bf/gf question....like you said, you really don't know her that well, so why don't you play it by ear and see how it goes on the first date.

Yes... like idon'tgetit said... (nice name by the way ) Also, you can't think of knowing her for just a day and than being in a bf-gf relationship. You may had seen her your whole life but thats not what really counts. Its better to be friends for w while, get to know her. See what she likes, what she does't and stuff like that

I dont believe that this situation is positive at all. If she wanted to remember then she would have, it was obviously something that wasnt important enough for her to remember. You can go on your lunch date with her but realize that its just friendly. Whatever you do dont pay for her realize that its just lunch. Talk to her and see if you can relate to her. Other than that dont think you have actually gotten any where with her.

I agree with day walker, if she was looking for a relationship she def. would have remembered to mark her calendar and showed up, but that doesn't mean much, she may not be looking now, but maybe you two will become friends and that may turn into more. Even if you find out she has a bf now, that can change. I'm not saying try to break her up with her boyfriend, but if you find out she does have one or that she isn't interested right now in having a bf, you can still keep her their as a friend for now, and maybe you'll become a bf option later on...you're gonna be at school with the girl for a while. Just look good for lunch, and I agree that you shouldn't pay for her right now, cause that might be too forward.

Chris