well, i messed up this time lost my girlfriends trust..

Jesse1993

well i got in a fight with my gf on friday just a typical fight she called me asked whats wrong and i said id tell her later so she said ok and hung up and later that night around 12am i was signed in on skype and a girl messaged me this girl is from australia and i'm in the US anyway i decided to ask this girl if she was still dating her boyfriend (i talked to this girl a year ago on skype with a friend and haven't talked to her since until friday she randomly messaged me) but anyway i asked about her boyfriend because he was an abusive boyfriend so after i asked she said "no im single ready to mingle" she said what about you? i replied and said "i'm single and ready to mingle also" now i didnt intend on this to be something serious i thought we were just joking around but this girl actually wanted to get on cam with me and do who knows what but i felt completely bad for even saying that so i logged out of skype and stopped typing to her and when i logged back in she had left a skype voice message and said jesse i miss u did you leave? i just ignored her, now i didn't delete the convo because i don't want to hide things in my relationship and my girlfriend gets on my skype to call me (i bought a payment plan because a long story short her dad blocked my phone number) and she ended up seeing this conversation me and this girl had and she doesnt trust me whatsoever anymore now this was completely honestly not intended on what it became and i can't blame her for not trusting me but the fact of the matter is i don't want to loose this girl she told me she doesnt know what to do anymore she also said she isnt going to leave me because she loves me but after she said that she said "i dont know if what im saying is even the right things to say" so i'm pretty sure shes going to break up with me but i don't want that i want her to know shes the only girl i love but telling her that isn't enough does anyone have an idea on what i can do to help this.. any help is appreciated i wasnt intending to make it look like what it is she thinks i like this girl and wanna be with her and that im bored with my gf but i havent had a conversation with this girl for like a year and more i know i messed up but i don't want to loose her.. anyone got any advice?

sorry for mistakes its late at night cant sleep

She sounds like she's not going to leave you. Be very honest about what happened, then go out of your way to make her feel loved again. You'll be fine.

i appreciate the comment makes me feel a little bit better, but do you have any advice on how i could try and gain trust back? no trust in a relationship doesnt make it any easier

Honesty is the only way. You gotta tell her what was going through your head when it happened in such detail that she can understand why you messed up, why you're sorry, and why (most of all) she can know it'll never happen again. Tell her she means everything to you, that you feel so awful, and hope she can find a way to understand. Then give her some space. She'll come around.

Why don't you delete this girls information while your girlfriend is watching?

If she means that much to you, I guess you could be without this other girl, right?

Well I'm a female, and I think I would feel like her in her shoes. And I think that would help me, even though it may not be that "mature"

At leats you can ask her, if that would help her, maybe the question in it self would be enough, just that you're sincere about it.

Archived