lower ab exercises?

Running and fat buring exercises are what you need to just burn away the small layer of fat which covers up most peoples abs. As for excercises you could do some v-up (described above), some hanging leg raises or regular leg raises.

Its easy to look up descriptions of these if you need them!

abcd1234

I totally agree, running is the only way, it destroys the body fat, also cut out all sugars.

body fats not the problem. I have a very low level of body fat. my lower abs just don't stick out as much as my upper ones, so i figure i need to strengthen them. they show, but not as much as the upper ones.

• 2 weeks later...

edited lol.. even though this was a while ago.

no equipment is needed.. just loose the excess body fat.. and work all core muscles. not just the rectush.

get your planks, side planks, reverse crunches.. but mostly, unless your thin.. get the cardio in. you have the muscles but they wont show underneath excess body tissue

have fun

Technically there is no such thing as lower abs, your upper abs and lower abs are the same muscle Rectus Abdominis.

For one you need to burn fat to get these muslces to show. Two you need to work your abs to build the muscles. Abs have always been about diet. Those infomercials are just trying to sell products. Most of us don't use our lower abs effieciently enough. as well.

When doing crunches think of your stomach as that music instrument that crunches while you play piano(anyone? I can't remember). I have received better results from burning out the entire muscle with combinations of crunches and lying leg raises. You can also do hanging leg raises, although new information suggests that they are not very good for your back. I do a combo of cruches and leg crunches on a bench at the same time. Burns out yoru stomach good.

Lets not forget to work the side abs(Transeversalis Abdominis). This is like my favorite ab muscle because of how it defines your waste. I do high rep side bends. Good thing about the stomach muscle is that it can be worked several times a week. I work mine anywhere from 3-5 times a week.

But diet is key. When I bulk up for weight you will not see my abs so well, when I cut my diet back, my abs will start to reappear again.

Good Luck

• 4 years later...

Hi,

Many of the simplest exercises are the best to lose any unwanted weight you may have. Running is a great exercise to burn calories whether you are running around the block or on the treadmill, the key is intensity.

Doing several breathing exercises are also good types of stretches for the chest. You need to breathe through your nose and exhale through your mouth clears many cobwebs in your head and chest. You also clean the airways and exhale toxins from your lungs.

3 sets of diet...

Seriously..make sure your diet is in check and that you're doing enough cardio. Two biggest factors. If those are in place, then try some different ab exercises. Hanging leg raises have worked the best for me in the past, but I can definitely see how they would be bad for your back. So, try variations of lying leg raises, and also decline crunches.