first weekend alone since break up and feel like contacting him, help!

miss_sunshine86

Hi,

My (ex) bf disappeared almost 2 weeks ago. We had an awkward conversation because I admit I was being moody but we still agreed that we'd see eachother the next day. Then he just never picked up and disappeared and I stopped trying to contact him as of the past 4 days.

He has done it twice before. But this time we were together for 7 months, met eachothers families and I honestly though hed changed.

Honestly feel a strong urge to try and contact him over weekend because I'm alone with no plans but I know its unlikely hed respond and I'd feel even worse. Trying my best to move on once and for all (been 6 years on and off) but this is a low evening.

Feel like if only I hadn't been so moody...... You know, stupid things.

Don't do it.

He has not responded to your previous attempts at contact, and the guy just disappeared without giving you any explanation. That is very immature, inconsiderate and thoughtless. This is probably someone that in the long term, you will be better off without. I understand that is difficult to comprehend now since you're hurting and lonely, but I don't think contacting him again is the right thing to do.

Weekends are difficult for so many of us, especially since we were all used to spending them with our ex's. Try to hang on, watch a film, read some magazines, do anything to distract yourself if possible.

I was in your shoes a few months ago. My ex did the disappearing act on me completely out of the blue, and then called me a month later wanting me back. I caved and met up with him to talk. I was so happy!! We then made plans for the following night, and when I arrived, he acted cold and disinterested. Ugggh. It REALLY hurts. I know. And I'm here to tell you that it does get better, but you have to remain NC. The first couple months will be extremely rough and expect your emotions to be alll over the place. Posting on this website instead of contacting him will help u through this tremendously. When you get that urge to calll or text him, post about it, or, PM someone from here that you are cyber "friends" with. And don't forget to eat healthy, exercise, and be SOCIAL.

xoxoxox you will get through this. You can do this!!!!

I wish I would have avoided marrying the guy I did for that reason. He bailed on me three times in 10 years and I still married him! It is disrespectful to everything your relationship stands for to do this. It is fear and immaturity on his part. Dont bother with him. You need to go one minute at a time if nessesary to move past this. Perhaps writing down all your feelings and thoughts and burning them would help. Don't give him the time anymore, he is OBVIOUSLY not thinking about you so why are you wasting your precious time and emotions on him.

• 1 month later...

Just found this and thought I'd bump it to see if anyone else is suffering tonight? My BU was at the end of April, he ended it and the weekends since have just been horrendous. I have been living back with my parents since he threw me out of his house, and my parents are on holiday this week, have never felt so alone.. this time two months ago I was part of a cohabiting couple, cooking together, sharing everything, cuddling up with a pile of DVD's on a saturday night, I am finding this so completely unbearable. If anyone has advice on how to get through this then please share. I spent a few hours with my closest friend this afternoon but as soon as he went home I was crying again. I cannot bear this.

CBB xx

Hi,

Why hello my dear!

My (ex) bf disappeared almost 2 weeks ago.

I think I spot Houdini.

We had an awkward conversation because I admit I was being moody but we still agreed that we'd see eachother the next day. Then he just never picked up and disappeared and I stopped trying to contact him as of the past 4 days.

Relationship has been officially over. Time to move on.

He has done it twice before. But this time we were together for 7 months, met eachothers families and I honestly though hed changed.

Well make sure the third time, DON'T TAKE HIM BACK.

His behavior is unhealthy to make a relationship work. You really sure you want a man like that?

I don't think so, girlfriend! Imagine if this happened to be in long-term and it repeats like that? Yikes. I think I would be banging my head against the table thinking I waste all my life energy on this guy when I could be with the other guy.

Honestly feel a strong urge to try and contact him over weekend because I'm alone with no plans but I know its unlikely hed respond and I'd feel even worse. Trying my best to move on once and for all (been 6 years on and off) but this is a low evening.

Feel like if only I hadn't been so moody...... You know, stupid things.

SOLUTION: Make plans with family and friends. Don't be stupid to go to him and do stupid things. Harsh I know but it's the truth. You don't want to do something you will great the next 60 years of your life.

[Clicks the Staple Button] That was easy.

• 1 month later...

It is really important that you stay quiet and try to pamper yourself somehow.

Even if you need to cry, do it!

But please don't contact him. It will make you feel bad if you do and he ignores you, and even if he says, it's not what you want to hear.

Your self steem is really low right now, contacting him will make it worse. This feeling you are feeling right now, you have to face it.

Contacting him is NOT the way out.

Take care of yourself and let time do its magic.

Archived