when depression comes back and strikes me...

jeanettelee

so i posted on here a few months ago... and I have been meeting my counsellor ever since...

I thought I was doing great. But recently I have been feeling depressed.

I cant help but scream at home saying either "urgh!" or "omg im soooo effing bored."/

I in fact have my dissertation to work on and I have friends to talk to...

I shouldn't feel bored.

but the thing is I really don't wanna move on with my life.

It's so frustrating to argue with family non-stop.

Not financially viable to move out.

I just dont want to do anything.

I used to love shopping but I'm not even motivated to shop right now.

WHY

Depression sucks the life force out of you, it's such a debilitating disease. You are seeing a counsellor, what other stuff are you doing? Exercise, doing the things you enjoy, having fun, anti-depressants?

I have only been working on my dissertation... I'm doing my final year at college.

I am really stressed out. I know I need to work on my dissertation but I just don't wanna work. I wanna lay in my bed and do nothing.

Friends have been asking me to join them cycling and stuff. BUT I really don't feel like doing anything.

The most frustrating part is that I feel really hopeless and lifeless... I just don't feel like doing anything at all. EVEN shopping doesnt excite me anymore. I've never been prescribed any meds to due with my depression problem. My counsellor doesn't think my problem is that serious. I dont know what I should do really.

Ok, breathe.

You are definitely having classic signs of depression. Has your counselor subscribed any meds?

No, she hasnt. She thinks my problem isnt that serious... which I agree at times. But sometimes it strikes me suddenly and it feels like I'm the most useless and most boring person on the planet. Towards the end of last semester... I fainted while doing my term essay. Later the doctor said I was too stressed out and I had symtoms of depression. But those symtoms were gone after the hectic term. I mean I'm still meeting my counselor regularly. But obviously I don't seem really depressed to her. I dont always feel depressed either... it's just sometimes... If you know what i mean...

Depression is something that's definitely inconvenient. It's something you have to deal with for life. Learn to be patient with yourself, and not freak out when you become depressed, it will help a lot.

On an up note, those moments of depression always pass, and relief is right around the corner. Hang in there.

Depression is something that's definitely inconvenient. It's something you have to deal with for life. Learn to be patient with yourself, and not freak out when you become depressed, it will help a lot.

On an up note, those moments of depression always pass, and relief is right around the corner. Hang in there.

Thanks. Have been feeling less terrible today.

Haven't been exactly productive though.

Just not motivated to do anything just yet.

I'm trying.

Thanks. Have been feeling less terrible today.

Haven't been exactly productive though.

Just not motivated to do anything just yet.

I'm trying.

Hey There!

Trying is the best thing you can do. Just keep trying. I can totally relate because sometimes I don't feel motivated to do anything at all. Somehow I manage, just as you do I'm sure.

*Hugs*

I hope you're having a better day today.

I think your doctor could have done more for you. It's not down to your counsellor to suggest meds, only the doc. I'm not saying meds are the way to go, but a therapist is therapist, not a medical person. They can't say you don't feel depressed enough. Only YOU know if you feel depressed or not.

Make another appointment with your doc and explain how you feel on your WORST days, not the ok days.

Archived