An unusual situation...and I have not much experience w/luv

As far as I know I find myself in a pretty tough situation with a guy I started talking to. We are both in our very early 20's. I have known this guy from late teenage years but I have just started talking to him more than 5 weeks ago. Anyway, we talked for hours on end on the internet without keeping track of time and get along great...we go to the same place of worship so we spoke there a couple of times also but not for long. He has some very deep emotional issues that he is dealing with but none of them have to do with ex-girlfriends (he has had none serious). He has opened up a little giving me general explanations which only provoke me to want to know more and touch my heart more and more (he says it's between him and God if it's God's will I will find out later.) And it's his emotional state that has attracted me to him for the most part. I cannot help feeling that this person might like me more than a friend because many things he says I feel like have two meanings. I have grown to care so much about him that I think about him most of the day. Sometimes I wish we could be together and other times I'm not so sure if what I'm feeling is romantic love. He's a great guy, so far has all the qualities I find great in a guy. I can't bring myself to be too direct with him about this but I can't help feeling the way I do. I am not so much physically attracted to him as I am emotionally. We talk about marriage goals, life goals, many thoughtful and intellecutal things, and we're having fun talking too..but I feel like I can't go on without knowing where we stand with each other. I don't know how to tell him I might like him more than a friend or ask him if he has any 'feelings' for me because I think he might think that I've taken the wrong meaning of things and then I'd totally completely feel very embarrased for jumping to the wrong conclusions...sometimes I feel like crying... He really needs someone to love and hold forever and I do too but although he is more ready for settling down, I am not even though I'm emotionally ready for a relationship but not materially. At this time I was NOT looking for love at all, i have a really busy life right now but this just happened, and I guess I let it happen to some extent. If I'm making any sense and if anyone hasn't fallen asleep reading this yet, please share your thoughts, opinions, any suggestions or advice with me. Thanks a bunch!

Hi Ibeliv,

I am still wide awake First of all welcome to eNotalone.com and thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

I would like to point out that very often I read situations on here in which 'guys' get involved in a relationship and then break it off again, because they want to 'find themselves' or because 'they need time or space'.

I wanted to explain you this, so that you make a sound decision on what you really want here. I am afraid that if you pursue this now, you might end up hurt, because this guy hast not been really communicative to you so far. How is that going to be when you tell him how you feel about him. I am sure you want him to tell you what really is going on then.

You do have a GREAT life as it is, Ibeliv and you find a good friend in this young man anyways. Why give up all that now. It might be better to wait till later, when he figured himself out and will be more open towards other issues, like liking you.

~ SwingFox ~