Really not helping myself

stevef20

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

she has shown you interest. she texted you while traveling. that's a big thing. she is not even back yet and you are already stressing.

unlike for you, there are other things keeping her mind busy - which doesn't say anything about her interest level, only that she is not obsessing about you.

you cannot live your whole day in expectation to hear from a person who you don't even know that well yet. the world is not defined by your interaction with this person.

I'm not angry with you, I don't have a reason.

However it pains me how you can't stop yourself looking at everything from a negative point of view. It's such a sad way of life.

try this exercise: write down what you feel/ think. then rewrite each statement as if it was written by an optimist. you need to get out of your own head and its negativity/ the glass-is-half-empty-vs-half-full mentality

And I'm telling you that you suffer from depression, but that you can do something about it. It's not easy, but you can retrain your brain to healthier thought patterns.

But YOU need to make that decision of being proactive about it. And you need to fight the sad moments, rather than just throw up your hands in the air and give up.

Did you look at the website I suggested?

Thanks Jonas, I've not considered either, I'm due to start seeing a therapist in Thursday, I just hope she likes a challenge.

It seems strange to say but although I'm negative and sad I really do want to change, if I could have the confidence I have in work out of it I'd be the happiest MAN alive. I'm seriously messed up buddy.

Sorry Penelope, no insult intended, just noticed the sites routes. Having had a quick look at the content ill see what the therapist says on Thursday first before I push in with it as it appears to be in the same field.

Thanks though.

Have you ever sat down and figured why, or what makes you so confidant at work? Because whatever that is, is inside you and can be channeled to every aspect of your life. If you're willing to look deep and see what that something is and use it. Right? Therapist or not, you can start looking into these techniques and seeing if they work. None are particularly invasive or contrary to therapy.

Sounds like the perfect age. Would you send me a new mind please, one that doesn't attach to someone after 2 dates thus setting me up for lots of hurt, this mind must also be self confident and not know what anxiety, hurt, obsessing, fear of loss and co dependency even mean.

I want to be normal mate, I want to find live, slowly and want to make someone the happiest girl in the world.

Is that to much to ask?

Archived