What I've learned in my 50 + years about reconciling

Eocsor

I am 50 and my ex that brought me to this site 2 years ago was 22 years younger than me. I too swear I will never do that again. Most painful experience of my life when we broke up. It was def an ego boost but in the end it really had very little chance of success.

Yeah, yikes. I read those and think "Wow I could never do that"...but then I realize I just did that. (I'm 40, she was 24.) You can have everything in common in the world but sometimes there are things about age gaps that are hard to avoid.

Bryan Ferry from the group Roxy Music, is in his mid-sixties and he just married a 29 year old woman! She is actually the ex gf of his own son! I wonder how his son feels about that one! Apparently Bryan Ferry always dated much much much younger women. Some men never grow up!

Ha ha. Well, rock stars are an entirely different category! I just googled Bryan Ferry: he is 66 and she is 29, a 37 year age difference. That is crazy. We all know that if he was not BRYAN FERRY, his chances of marrying a 29 y.o. would be next to nil. The whole thing is sickeningly transparent. Steven Tyler is engaged to a 38 y.o. woman, he is 63. These women would never look at these guys if they were not rich powerful men of high status. As I said earlier, such is life. ;-)

Ha ha. Well, rock stars are an entirely different category! I just googled Bryan Ferry: he is 66 and she is 29, a 37 year age difference. That is crazy. We all know that if he was not BRYAN FERRY, his chances of marrying a 29 y.o. would be next to nil. The whole thing is sickeningly transparent. Steven Tyler is engaged to a 38 y.o. woman, he is 63. These women would never look at these guys if they were not rich powerful men of high status. As I said earlier, such is life. ;-)

Steven Tyler looks like a mess...you are right, if they were not rich and famous, women would not give them a second look.

I know an attorney who is around 70, and his gf is in her late twenties. Again, it's the status thing ... she would not have gotten together w/him if he did not have status and money.

I don't know what helps us ladies who are 50+, lol ... I am not bad-looking for my age but sometimes I feel like I missed the boat because of my age. But then again I know alot of women older than me who found awesome partners.

Archived