How could I make an approach to someone I met just once?

Scoe141

While working a few days ago I met a girl at one of my job sites. We'll call her "June". We exchanged glances several times, and spoke briefly. (There were no introductions, just a casual conservation that consisted of a few sentences.) While working I had to indirectly deal with a family member, whom Ive never met before, but I left that day thinking about June and wondering if she was single, why we exchanged glances etc. So after feeling I dropped the ball I wanted to recoup and found her on FB. I sent her a message that was directed to her and the family, whom I had to do the work for. I suppose I could have sent one to her sister, but wanted to "hint at" that I enjoyed meeting her, yet keeping the message very professional, as I didn't want to convey that I was interested out of several concerns. (i.e. If she's dating someone, I didn't want to look like a stalker, or overstep my work boundaries.) She responded about a day later telling me she would relay the message (with several exclamation points) and a smiley face.

So my question is, where do I go from here?

--Do I send a message back? (We do have mutual friends on FB.) But what would I say?

--Do I leave it be and hope she might see we have mutual friends and friend me? (I've never been the aggressive type when it comes to talking with girls.)

--Do I send a friend request- hoping she takes that as Im interested?

--Do I just leave it alone? As a part of me believes that, if she was interested she would have conveyed it through her message?

I apologize if my story sounds lightly convoluted, ya never know if she's on the site too.

Thanks for any help!

I would friend her on FB, this way you can learn about her through her post, profile ect. It may sound weird but all her information such as relationship status, interest, likes ect ect will all be right there. Use FB to get to know her, after a few days reply or like a status and see how she acts. Or just ask her out and get it over with lol.

FB is a builder of relationships and a destroyer...

Such an awkward situation to be in!! I feel that I would probably fail and make the wrong choice if I was in the same situation.

From an outsider's point of view, you are really interested in testing the waters with this girl. A friendship request on facebook doesn't mean so much anymore. It seems more like a "who I know" kind of thing. I don't think she would see it as a big deal or being too aggressive if you added her. If you did want to reply to her message, maybe tell her that you really enjoyed your conversation together and would like to keep in touch. Maybe it is cheesy or coming on too strongly. I'm not sure.

It is never easy to show someone you are interested in getting to know them better. The worst that can happen is you will feel a little embarrassed.

Be direct. Forget the Facebook route. Just ask her out.....straight and simple. It conveys confidence and bravery in one simple step. So what if she is in a relationship, she will let you know there and then and it will save all the wondering and wasted time if she is. If she isn't I'm sure she will be impressed ( a man who knows what he wants and goes for it).

Fortune favors the brave!!!

Interesting...

I like everyone's responses. It might be something to chew on.

Mindi- The thought of being embarrassed is something I've thought about. Although I feel I'm a humble person, maybe a little more humbleness won't hurt anyone?? haha...

seanryder- Love your approach bro. Maybe showing that slight assertion is a quality I need to work on. (And one she looks for in someone!)

Archived